Mid scale - Normal Scale

Are most of the stratocasters by Fender using Normal Scale neck?

Whats mid and normal scale necks?

U mean its the same scale as RG's neck? WizardII?

Then the scale means what?

The space between the strings? Or what...

think neck scale is the length of de neck or de length frm nut to bridge. this one im not too sure. maybe u can check around. yeah i suppose its de same scale. other guitars with diff scales are gibson with the 24.5inch and prs with de 25inch.

Here's something about the scale length:

The scale length measures the vibrating length of the string from the saddle to the nut. The standard scale length is 25 1/2 inches. There are guitars built around other scale lengths (fret-scale), but usually are fairly close to 25 1/2 inches. Guitars to avoid are 1/2 or 3/4 sized guitars. Their shortened scale length causes the strings to "buzz" against the frets and makes tuning difficult.

The part about 1/2 or 3/4 sized guitars is really true. My epiphone peevee i got for travel purposes is an absolute pain in the arse when it comes to tuning.

pooo said:
Here's something about the scale length:

The scale length measures the vibrating length of the string from the saddle to the nut. The standard scale length is 25 1/2 inches. There are guitars built around other scale lengths (fret-scale), but usually are fairly close to 25 1/2 inches. Guitars to avoid are 1/2 or 3/4 sized guitars. Their shortened scale length causes the strings to "buzz" against the frets and makes tuning difficult.

The part about 1/2 or 3/4 sized guitars is really true. My epiphone peevee i got for travel purposes is an absolute pain in the arse when it comes to tuning.

Is that a little 'Les Paul' shape Epi for around $300 with a mini amp? I was also thinking of getting that for travelling. I have a Baby Taylor acoustic, but even that is a bit cumbersome putting in overheads and lugging around airports...

It's the flying v version. The les paul one's called Peewee. heh kinky names.
But really, playing them takes getting used to because each fret is smaller, you can shred, but you definitely can't chord. The most you can do is some powerchords. Any other thing and it goes off tune. Plus the mini amp that comes with it is incomparable to the Marshall Ms-2 micro.

pooo said:
It's the flying v version. The les paul one's called Peewee. heh kinky names.
But really, playing them takes getting used to because each fret is smaller, you can shred, but you definitely can't chord. The most you can do is some powerchords. Any other thing and it goes off tune. Plus the mini amp that comes with it is incomparable to the Marshall Ms-2 micro.
Think I might get one for fun anyway to have around the office and to take on short trips. How much you pay for yours?

Ah i see.. So is

Fender ST-43 a 3/4 sized guitar? No right?

Though i see from the specs.. Like erm.. 42mm 250R 21F

The other words are in jap. Got no idea what they're saying..

Is 250 the radius of the neck? I know 21F is 21 frets haha.. Whats 42mm?

Hmm... price quoted at Swee Lee at Sims was $275 "sale price"... hmm...

P.S. Your nick always makes me laugh... :) It's like "pooo" with the 3 'o's just makes me think you spend a lot of time in the toilet.

Hahaha. It's great something as simple as my nick can make people smile and laugh! :D

After the standard 20% off, it should be about $220. Not too bad actually. I'd rather they not package that mini amp. It really sux lol.

some scale neck references four your perusal...

25.5"- Fender strat/ tele, most Ibanez models (RG/ S/ SA)
25.1" Ibanez SZ
25"- PRS (majority models)
24.75"- Gibson scale length/ many jazz guitars (eg: Ibanez Artcore)
24"- Fender Jaguar

ahaha. yeah sub is better at this info. just to correct myself about an earlier post about de gibsons neck scale. its de prs santana which has a 24.5inch scale. but anyway wat does scale length affect?
cos i cant tell the difference. :D

scale-length affects:

1. Playability
most of the time it's confused with neck length, but scale length also affects playability because of the frets placement- slightly closer for guitars with shorter scale length.

2. Tone
a definite contributor to tonal difference. a 25.5" guitar has lots of snap to it, it feels a little tighter & sounds absolutely immaculate with single coils. i personally like a 25.5" guitar with a set of .009 string set.

a shorter scale length should be equipped with a thicker string gauge set eg: Gibson Les Paul- to get similar tension feel of a 25.5" guitar. a good start would be a set of .010

at the end of the day it's all about personal preferences. there no guarantee you'd like the feel of a 24.75" scale with a set of 0.10 string set, personally i can't get along with this combo. i prefer a slightly thinner set (currently using .0095 in my gibson) to suit my thin fingers....

justs some thoughts... 8)

Back