microphone for live applications and interviews

tingkumajique

hi all...

i was hoping that some one could help me here... we're looking into expanding our audio arsenal, especially in the miking dept.

we're looking for a nice microphone within a shoestring budget (~SGD500) with a good tonal value for interviews and press conferences.

We're looking at the boom mics (Rode NTG-1 looks good for the running). handhelds are also an option to consider.

Are the NTG-1s any good? has anyone used them before? Could they double up as mics to record voice-overs in a studio environment?

Where can i get Rode mics in Singapore?

THanks!!

wow... that was a fast reply...

nope, it doesn't have to be attached on the camera... we use an XL-2 camera that has XLR inputs...

we have an option for a lapel mic which we use, but i want another option.

the mic would be on a mic stand (out of screen during interviews or slightly in screen during a press conference), directed at subject.

For interviews, i would recommend one of those Sony ECM single point stereo mics. Single point stereos are used since they capture the spatial positioning better, and this is what Sony likes to make. Also check out Audiotechnica for them, they used to make very good ones.
If the conference involve a round table with everyone speaking thru it, then go for an omnidirectional mic. You can look for an AKG D230.

Back