METAL: Bands you've recently HEARD and would like to RECOMMEND

InfernoxDeath

It can be any bands... So what if you've just heard Megadeth, Emperor, Cannibal Corpse? I'll say, "Hell ya, come let us unite!"
There's a few amazing bands I've heard. And yeah, i just randomly found this band on MySpace: Stormlord.

MySpace.com - STORMLORD [NEW SONGS UP! - Mare Nostrum OUT NOW!] - Roma - Metal / Black Metal / Gótica - www.myspace.com/stormlordband

They sound really impressive.

While adding Melodic death metal bands to add to my group on Facebook, I came across a few outstanding ones.

Blinded Colony (Sweden) - MySpace.com - BLINDED COLONY - Writting New Songs - Karlshamn, SE - Metal / Thrash / Hardcore - www.myspace.com/blindedcolonymusic
Darkemist (Chile) - MySpace.com - Darkemist - Metropolitana de Santiago - Metal / Death Metal / Rock - www.myspace.com/darkemist
Dawn of Tears (Spain) - MySpace.com - DAWN OF TEARS (se busca bateria) - ES - Metal - www.myspace.com/dawnoftears
Deadlock (Germany) - MySpace.com - DEADLOCK -writing new album- - Regensburg/Leipzig - Metal - www.myspace.com/xdeadlockx
Distorted (Israel) - MySpace.com - DISTORTED - Bat-Yam, IL - Metal - www.myspace.com/distortedband
Kadavrik (Germany) - MySpace.com - Kadavrik - Wesel/Bochum/Münster, DE - Metal / Death Metal / Black Metal - www.myspace.com/kadavrikmetalauswesel
Hilastherion (Finland) - MySpace.com - hilastherion - - Death Metal / Metal - www.myspace.com/hilastherionmetal
Scream in Darkness (Russia) - MySpace.com - Scream In Darkness (Relax Club - Jun 01 2008) - Moscow - Death Metal - www.myspace.com/screamindarkness
System Shock (Sweden) - MySpace.com - shay - 23 - Hombre - www.myspace.com/systemshock
Whispered (Finland) - MySpace.com - Whispered - All - Metal - www.myspace.com/whisperedband

well, recently i started listening to Kamelot and i think the vocal's quite unique and the lyric's are nice too, =]

Sonata Arctica's not bad too =], the vocalist range is wider i think =]=]

I don't listen to metal much because it bores me easily nowadays, but I had a listen to Elvenefris by Lykathea Aflame recently, and was pretty amazed at the level of musicianship and songwriting by the band. It reminds me of the first time I heard Carcass' Necroticism or Cryptopsy's None So Vile. At times it's pure and sheer brutality, and at others, the level of technicality and progginess just amazed me.

It sounds pretty fresh for a technical death/grind band, but I was impressed to find out it came out in 2000.

I have a suggestion that when recommending aband, probably a link to their myspace site could help everyone here.
Convenience. :)
And naming a band is one thing, but some are clueless about what sub-genre they are. Hope softies here agree with me about that.

Cheers!

well, recently i started listening to Kamelot and i think the vocal's quite unique and the lyric's are nice too, =]

Sonata Arctica's not bad too =], the vocalist range is wider i think =]=]

Hell yea to Kamelot \m/.

Roy Kahn (Vox) was previously trained in operatic vocals. Awesome voice and a naturalist on stage!

MySpace.com - Kamelot - Tampa, Florida - Progressive / Metal / Rock - www.myspace.com/kamelot

Check out their older material (songs from The Black Halo, Karma and Epica) the newer songs (they do sound nice, just in a different league) don't really do them justice.

Back