Mannequin Masquerade New Tracks Up! check it out!

[R.G]

Hey we're a relatively new band, about 4 months old. we're called mannequin masquerade

Check out our new tracks, Fresh from the

studio on september 9

Diamonds are her best friends, about a

materialistic girl in a materialistic world

and

The Passing, its a track dedicated to anyone

who has lost someone dear to them...

Tracks are available for download =D

Mannequin Masquerade.
www.myspace.com/mannequinmask

For updates on the band, our lives and music

check out:
www.mannequinmask.blogspot.com

Last edited:
I'll give my honest opinion, don't take it badly.

1. You guys are pop, not rock.
2. One of your voices sounds like it's being constantly choked.
3. Diamonds sounds like you ripped TBS off badly.
4. Vocal melodies, song structure, lyrics etc are uninspired and boring.

I myself don't like your songs because I feel like I hear this kind of stuff practically everywhere, I think it's bad. But looking at it from a general consensus viewpoint they might find it okay.

haha.. thanks for your honest opinion.. well we're still growing up i guess.. and we had no intention of ripping off TBS, though adam lazzara is quite cool ;), and yea the harmony vocals wasn't done too well i gotta admit.. we'll try harder though :) to come up with more original sounding stuff that isn't as erm.. how should we put it... the right word is probably common, or in your terms, uninspiring.. haha.. but well everyone expresses themselves differently i guess.. thanks again

Glad you didn't take it badly.
It's a struggle trying to sound original, I don't think you have to really be that original as long as it sounds good. Your stuff isn't that bad for the type of sound you're trying to get at, but the thing is that too many people are doing the same thing at the same standard and it gets old.
I find this moreso in Singapore, people around my age and older have this obsession with the entire poppy pseudo-emo scene thing (TBS, fallout boy, paramore, etc).
I just realized I just keep repeating myself, I'll stop now.

Last edited:
actually, we aint trying to aim for fall out boy, TBS kinda sound. More of all time low, boys like girls kinda sound. but thanks for the feedback anyway. :)

Latest posts

Back