Looking for Musicians for Jazz-Funk-Rock Jam Band

evident

I'm a drummer currently serving in NS. But i don't want to get rusty, so i thought weekly, weekend practices would be good. currently looking for:

Guitarists (must be able to improvise and play funk grooves)
Bassists (hold a steady and funky groove)
Keyboards (can improvise, and knows how to work a synth)
Vocals (soulful, rich and big. basically black-gospel-singer-esque voice)
Horns (trumpets, trombones, saxophones. must be able to improvise and play with soul)

i don't have a good ear for chords and harmony so i'd appreciate if musicians can do that, i'll do what i can to help. basically we'll start with a few jazz/funk cover-jams, like james brown, average white band, incognito. maybe throw in the occasional jason mraz, john mayer, dave matthews band into the mix.

what i want to do is just get the band together and play/ practice together for a few months (or weeks, depending on how tight we get) until the band is awesome and then we move out to try to get gigs. i know some people might think that when i say jam band, means that the band is just solely for jamming in the studio. but there are a lot of jam bands like Phish, DMB, Blues Traveler, Grateful Dead who are playing on big stages. the important thing in a jam band is improvisation and listening. PM me and i'll get back to you ASAP.

Back