Looking for indie+indie/alternative Vocalist

Godspeed64

Ok guys here's the lowdown.

We're a 5-piece band consisting of 2 guitarists, 1 bassist, 1 keyboardist and 1 drummer ranging from ages 18-21. Currently looking for a PROPER indie or indie-alternative vocalist to complete our band.

We're a serious band and we need someone who knows the genre well. Over the past few months we've been through 5 or 6 vocalists, some who cannot sing on time, some who cannot commit, some who have no idea what indie or indie/alternative songs are like.

Our influences vary (of course we can say we are influenced by one thing, but sound like another), but perhaps I can say that the whole band enjoys The Temper Trap, Young the Giant, The Killers, Two Door Cinema Club, etc.

So what do we need from you? Be able to sing in tune and know the genre well enough. We don't need Top 40's vocalists who doesn't know and doesn't wanna learn. Also, indie doesn't require you to sing as in sing-sing all the time. Take a look at The Kooks (it's all in the accent), Arctic Monkeys (he's practically talking) to the droning voices of Interpol and The Strokes.
If you can sing well it's a plus point. If you can sing in tune like a good indie vocalist then you're what we're looking for.

Contact me at 9-0-one-one-3-one-one-2.

And for references, this is my ad I posted a while back:
http://www.soft.com.sg/forum/musicians-bands-wanted/193111-need-members-form-serious-band.html

Forgot to include that we are currently finishing up our originals and sourcing for gigs. I still need to lias with Cat V for a Blujazz performance.

We've completed 2 originals, need to write lyrics for a third, going to touch up arrangement on the fourth, arranging the fifth one this weekend and have enough basis material for another 3+ songs. Basically we are well prepared.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Back