Let's form a retro-soul band, or produce some electro swing / electro together.

meursaulter

I'm a 30 year old bassist who's into Northern soul, motown, disco, funk, reggae and blues.

Looking for others who're into the same stuff, and to form a band playing such music - particularly from a retro soul angle (a la Lee Fields, Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings, Mayer Hawthorne, Jamie Lidell and Raphael Saadiq).

I'm a bit rusty from not touching the bass for many years, but should be able to get up to speed with some hardcore practice, and provided we start with the less challenging stuff. There're just not enough soul bands here - let's start a movement or something!

Alternatively, if you're looking for a partner to produce remixes of soul, disco, funk, reggae, old jazz or blues stuff, we can probably do something as well. Have recently started to fiddle with remixing and wouldn't mind a partner in doing electro swing or plain electro (more disco-centric electro) - warning: I've got the music library (mental and physical) but am only just starting to get up to speed on the software part!

Email me at berns.chung@gmail.com

Last edited:
Back