Kozo Suganuma Clinic - 31 Aug 2007

Congrats Anish! :D

Yeah it was an interesting and entertaining clinic. Kozo's footwork was killer. Pure muscle. Not much of sliding and no heel toe. That probably explains his big calf muscles! :lol:

His digeridoo playing was very interesting. It was almost like beatboxing! He also played on some obscure ethnic instruments which I have no idea what they are.

As for his drumming, like what Alfe (plainsman) said, he was very very precise. Name him any rudiment, he'll deliver them effortlessly. His strokes were extremely clean too.

I thought Kozo's presentation of the clinic was pretty good, despite his limited command of English. A very down to earth and humorous guy.

Heck, if I had $6k to splash, I'd buy the DTX 4 on the spot after watching how he used it :lol:

I have some pics from the clinic too. Will put them up tomorrow or something :D

I knew I would regret not going... :D

Glad that you guys enjoy yourself. And Anish! You certainly have great time-keeping!

Pics time!

The auditorium.
P1000088.jpg

Kozo kicked started the clinic with his digeridoo playing.

P1000094.jpg

P1000095.jpg

Kozo in action.

P1000096.jpg

P1000098.jpg

Kozo playing with a pair of plastic tube things.

P1000108.jpg

The timing keeping competition.

P1000119.jpg

Anish (ExRocker) having a go.

P1000121.jpg

Anish the winner! It happened so fast that it was all a blur lol.

P1000122.jpg

Autograph/phototaking session.

P1000124.jpg

My autographed ticket :D

P1000129.jpg

To add on, when Kozo did a demo on how the DTX can sync with an IPOD, he jammed to a couple of popular pop tunes. He even played Avril Lavigne's Girlfriend note for note!

Apparently, he said on top of the 9 hours of studio work/live performances he does daily, he squeezes in about 2 hours of practising. That explains his clean and precise playing.

Overall an informative and interesting clinic :D

Yes killerbee, I 'stole' those words from you! hahahaa! :lol:

Next time if any SOFT drummer wins a prize, we must make sure the fella STAYS PUT for us to take good picture lah :lol:

ugh shit i was supposed to be doing the event and helping him out with setting up his kit!!!! too bad i had school stuff on that day itself.

omg.

Back