Intro - Xiao' An

bboy2388

Hi guys, i'm a guitarist and baritone and i'm 18 years old this year. Studying in CJC, i first picked up a guitar in january when i was 16, so i suppose i've learnt guitar for about 2.5 years now.

I started classical lessons last may, and I play rock music, but my interest lies in jazz and fusion, though i'm having a bit of trouble finding people to learn from and play with.

Part of that difficulty stems from the fact that i'm actually not too sure of where I stand in terms of standard, so i'm quite hesitant to waste people's time and jam with them if i can't keep up.

I have a band, and for lack of a better name we're calling it "Sexy" for now and we play stuff like bohemian rhapsody and last kiss and whatever. I'm the lead guitarist and vocalist in the band. We actually performed bohemian rhapsody twice in school concerts but never played it outside.

My influences? I don't really have bands that i listen to religiously but i do like classical music and jazz and rock bands that use orchestras or simulate it with keyboards or use intelligent harmonizations like queen.

Oh hey, are you guys J1s? What're your names? I taught mass dance in O1 if you guys remember. haha.

hey xiao'an!i'm robin..rmb me?my skool once toured cjc n we talked quite a bit...

hey as for 'rock bands that use orchestras or simulate it with keyboards or use intelligent harmonizations'..ever listened to children of bodom?hehehe...n symphonic black metal use orchestra right?tho so far i havnt foudn any black metal band tt i like...

btw,this guy's got an epiphone les paul custom...

Robin? could you refresh my memory? did you play at the anniversary concert? Some black metal is ok but once the orchestra parts are obscured by the guitar riffs I kind of get turned off. I like black metal keyboards sometimes though.

oui yo xian an! haha benjamin here!

and there's mellavin! haha

will u be dropping by during one of the few rockefella rehearsals?

Back