Intro : wiremesh

wiremesh

Hey guys i'm a v new member my name is Josh and i'm a drummer. =) I
m 21 this year...
Been playing for bout 5 years now, self taught eh can sight read a lil. I play mainly funk and pop + a lil rock. eh recorded one christian album and also one cover song (Maroon 5 she will be loved) . Currently i just started a band named WhyTesTraw and i've only found a bassist, we have currently 2 original songs. We play funk and pop alot.. looking for a chinese guitarist round our age group.. who likes playing funk pop and rock. Please no heavy rock or metal or punk... Also how do i get gigs outside, playing original and cover songs? currently where is the best place to record a demo? Can't be too pricey.. sorry so much questions to ask, i've just been jamming for fun only until recently did i wanna do it outside... =) Thanks guys.. an advance million thank you to y'all....

standard notation

Hi there thanks for the welcome.. :D
Well in music, there is this thing called eh if i'm not wrong "general sightreading" and you can get a degree for it...i dunno how to explain to you.. but basically sightreading for drums helps you to play better in a band or everything else, like for example ur playing in a cover band.. and like me most of the time i use my ears and try hard to memories every single beat accent groove.. but with good sightreading techniques you can chop out ur grooves like a walk in the park.. just by oh like this ok.. the two dots..ok repeat.. bla bla.. the roll.. the rest, and as soon as you know it.. the song is over.. just like reading lyrics to a song. hope that helped...
I'm still god damm struggling with my sightreading haha.. sometimes i play a funky groove and my friend just throws in a score and i'm like whats tt??? and he goes thats what you just played or kinda played.. and i'm like oh ok..thats bad man..

Back