Intro: Shimano aka Rudy

Shimano

Hello curios readers :)
Just wanna give a short intro of myself over here and to get acquainted with the rest of the guys over here too.

How I got here: 8O
Found this site when I was scrouring the net for certain accesories for my keyboard ;) And my comment about this site is :G-R-E-A-T!

My profile: 8)
I'm 33 this year and I am a keyboard player and have been playing since I was greatly influenced by Depeche Mode, Bros (kinda gay) and also a group which played the "Great Commandment" song thingy. That was waaaayyyy back in the 80's where wearing all black with boots were kinda cool. (still wearing black nowsadays except going for meetings and such)

Experiences: :D
Dont really played much after some years in the late 80's and stopped altogether except picking up the hobby back in 2003. Most of my kakis before in the 80's are from a) Rusty Blade (a local malay rock band) and b) The Oddfellows (a local pop/rock band).
(alamak off topic man)
OK, playing experience is a part time contract (6mths) in a 2 piece band in a pub at Bukit Pasoh Rd at Chinatown / CID Complex. Great experience, exposure, learnt about being more patient and understanding the nature of entertaining the patrons and such. Now looking for a band / working band who's in need of keyboardist or pubs needing a keyboardist of multi-genre.
Not say that I am proud or anything (coz one thread in the forums somewhere says that most keyboardist are proud..hehe) but need cash to support myself and family :):):)

Genres:
Bee Gees
Beatles
Jon Bon Jovi
CCR
Clash
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Deep Purple
Eagles
U2
Abba
Air Supply
Art Garfunkle
Billy Idol
Billy Joel
Alleycats
Santana
Bread
Chicago
Crash Test Dummies
Def Leppard
Dire Straits
Doors
Elton John
Engelbert Humperdink
Eric Clapton
Europe
Foreigner
Green Day
GNR
RHCP
Joan Jett
John Denver
Lionel Ritchie
Lonestar
Metallica
Michael Jackson
Neil Young
Oasis
Police
Queen
REM
Robbie Williams
Ronan Keating
Rod Stewart
Rolling Stones
Scorpions
Uriah Heep
Elvis Presley

The list is quite long but frankly i could only play selective songs on each of the above songs. :) would be posting my plays for those who would like to download and listen to it.

Cheers and GOD BLESS to all softies here!

hi Shimano

welcome to SOFT!

do you play solo piano like those at hotel lounge?

Hey Shimano! I don't think keyboardists are proud at all. I think they're totally cool people. Welcome! Looking forward to listen to your demos! =)

pepper- said:
Hey Shimano! I don't think keyboardists are proud at all. I think they're totally cool people. Welcome! Looking forward to listen to your demos! =)

Hiya pepper, cute nick. surely if there's pepper in SOFT, there's gonna be salt too :)
My demos are coming in but im recording under mono :( i lost my proggy to record stereo and converting them in 56k mp3 format not the highger end 128k :) doesnt make much difference wont it...

khai_stereotype said:
Welcome shimano...

Do talk alot with us... we a re kind ppl. right pepper? lol

hi khai, thanks for the greets too :) i'd be more involved in the forum whenever i could... nice of you all to reply to the intro :):)

soft said:
do you play solo piano like those at hotel lounge?

wish i could be playing like that but i dont think i have the standards..heh. i consider myself as having a below average voice, below average talent and below average skills and charm..hehe

Hi Shimano,

Welcome to soft. It's always nice to find a similar age group softie here. Means we share similar era music influence. Mr Soft himself also in the same age camp too.

Have checked out one of your OM, the thing is the recording clarity is quite damp, can't make out a lot of details. Yeah, one of the guys said something about sounding ringtone, yeah a bit like early nintendo stuffs. But don't write off simple sounding tones, I feel that early synths have more feel expressible, than these days tons of tech machines. Hope someday someone can revive those old sounds into their playing. I got a couple of DX7 waiting to be assigned.

Too bad I did not pickup music when young, and now too busy to do so. Just a jist, I repair electronic stuffs like electric git, amps, effects....etc. I also operate a jamming studio and do some small equipment rentals too. When you free, do feel welcome to drop by my humble studio sometime, we can chitchat, maybe can even work together sometime. The WWW link below will have most of my particulars.

Regards,
Mikemann

Hi mikemann, nice of you to give me an really indepth feedbacks. yup, i can agree the sound are too abysmal coz i am recording it in 8bit mono 11,+++hz. I cant go hgher than that tho, misplaced one of my proggy thats able to record 44,000hz stereo :(:(:(
I have tried using the DX7 years back and BTW, your setup is just 5 mins from where I am :) If you're in the studio, I might drop by to say hi and have a cup of cofee ;) at Maybank...hopefully its still open. heh.

Heehee.......you a balestierian too? Today my bookings till 7, so be around till then. Feel free to pop by if you are free, any other day is fine too. Just sms me, sometime I got outdoor work.

okie dokie, i drop by just after 7pm :) just finishing up some work here in the office and id be right by.

c'ya

So sorry Rudy, I may just leave at 7 sharp, going catch some dinner with family. How about next weekday, normally when got night booking, will be around till 10pm. Will PM you later, dude....ciao.

khai: kind? righhhht. haha. esp me. :)

shimano: haha. the songs are not bad at all really. keep working on them! :) and seems like EVERYONE has the same reaction to my nickname. "is there's pepper, there should be salt". Lol. maybe there is. just that i haven't found him/her yet. haha. catch you around! =)

azhiwen said:
i'm a keyboardist as well!!

Little hi little lo....how are u man.
Any pieces for me to sample ? :)
BTW, I have got the proggy to rec on stereo so shud be better sounding than before.
Check out the OM. I think i shud link one or two.

cheers~

Back