Intro: NycOtyN (previously known as Backbeat)

nickyvolition

HI all,

We were previously known as Backbeat. I believe that you can read our description somewhere in the self-intro section. So in this post, I just want to focus on the change of name.

We decided to change our name as we feel that a lot of other parties have been using the name, Backbeat, before this band started.

In case you missed our show today at Homeclub, we decided to change our name into NycOtyN. It is a play of word of Nicotine. The reason why we chose Nicotine is because we want to be a music cancer. Deadly and hard to remove, just like how hard rock never dies. We want to create music that is addictive and Like nicotine it leaves a stain, in this case not in the lungs, but in the heart of the lsiteners.

So yeah, from now on, we'll be called NycOtyN. Thank you to all of you who has been supporting us! Please keep doing so, we need the support. We'll try hard by every means to satisfy your ear.

Lastly, we would like to give a shout-out to event organisers out there. If you have gave us oppurtunity for us to play, we thank you very very much. For those who have not or want us to play again, you can just contact us, because we'd love to perform. And thank you to all of you who took your time reading this.

If you are free, please do visit us in the links below.

NV
NycOtyn

cool name ;) at first i was still wondering why nicotine when trying to pronounce the band name. now i know why and i say - thumbs up for sucha creative name!!

lol at first when i saw the word nyc0tyn i though you couldnt spell but you were actually playing wif the words. lol

Back