Intro: NewGuy

NewGuy

Hi guys,
I'm 19 this year and I am currently studying in Ngee Ann poly... I am a complete newbie to the guitar world and hopefully I can increase my knowledge of guitars...

I must admit playing guitar ain't as easy on the TV... I just know a few cords some basic ABCs... and can anyone tell me how to increase my skill?

The guitars I have sucks to the core, I have this acoustic guitar that have a high action that playing simple chords is sooooo PAINFUL...
The other is a strat copy done by some 'Santa fe'. It is a cheapo guitar, after I bought it then I realise... but then it is better than nothing. The sound is ok, but the feel is aweful(I think because of lousy workmanship). Arrr shouldn't have bought it on impulse...

I plan on saving up and get an Ibanez GSA60(I think swee lee is selling for $316). Any comments on my decision? Pls I need help... Thx

Hi newguy,

welcome to soft....great to see a new guy keen to learn. Wish you luck on your endeavors.

All is not lost on your strat guitar, you may need to get it setup to improve the feel. Just PM me if you want to know more.

Regards,
Mike

Yo man. Dont worry, we all start somewhere. I remember how painful it is to press down G chord on my TGm, high action!

take it slow man. dont rush ^^

First point, you know a FEW chords. I know only ONE. hahahahaha...

Second point...

The Ibanez GSA60 is a decent guitar, as are MOST Ibanez's. However, I would reccomend a SA120 (correct me if I'm wrong, I can't remember the exact model) which retails for slightly more, but is more worth it. The GSA is a Gio Ibanez model, right? Keep far, far away from it =x.

Should be a decent beginner guitar, but then, you're not a beginner. So why not treat yourself to something a little more, shall we say, to your standard?

A lower range RG or S, SA series would be fine. My 2 cents.

Lol, Welcome to SOFT. Enjoy your stay!

Back