INTRO: JIREH

penta-tonic

NAME: jireh wong
SEX: male
INSTRUMENT: guitar, drums (pastime)
FAVE MUSIC: prog rock + blues
GEAR: prs ce24, cort x9

MORE ABOUT ME:

ive been playing for abt 2yrs already. my taste for music began a long time ago when my dad intro-ed me to kenny G (sax). ive always loved blues. also listened to flamenco (spanish classical) which was sumthing my dad passed on to me. i started listening to pop acts such as westlife n'sync n backstreet boys when i was 13.

when i was 15 i was influenced by my older brother to listen to creed. at that time i was into playing drums (beginner). but listening to creeds mark tremonti made me wanna learn guitar too. i began learning guitar sept '02. ive not looked back since. tremonti was de one who influenced me to train hard on rhythm. den slash came along n i wanted to shred.

beginning of this year formed a band. got influenced by my drummer to listen to dream theater. n to this day ill hail john petrucci as de best guitarist.

i got my first guitar (cort) in march 2003 during de SARS period. den april 2004 got my prs. yeah. currently in de band IMPERFECTIONS. thanks for even bothering to read.

Hi there !
Cool...playing Dream Theater stuff is quite tough but is possible..i've seen many of our band play these guys songs...btw wats ur band genre of music n hey let me noe when u guys wil perform ok....till then rock on bro!!! :wink:

penta-tonic said:
NAME: jireh wong

The more I read, I find the more similarities we share. I was also a drummer who became guitarist. First major influence that made me want to learn guitar - Mark Tremonti.

Yea, Petrucci is my best guitarist. Been listening to alot of DT stuff nowadays.

Cheers!

hihi. nice to meet u all. well my band is gonna attempt to play Christan progressive ( Christian music + progressive ). well ive been trying my hand at playing lots of stuff like dream theater n liquid tension n malmsteen. havent gigged this stuff but im tabbing them out. guess anything is possible with de right mind set. :D

yO ji. i took forever to sign in to the forums (other than just reading thru as a "visitor")

im feeling a bit lost around here man...lol... /me noobie! >.<

hahaha -shameless plug- then come down to our gig! June 19th @ 3rd place, u can get tix thru mE! :D Whahaha...

Back