Intro : Ikiru

Ikiru

Can't take advantage of all you pros' knowledge by just lurking right? Decided to finally sign up so can ask questions and learn more than I can find.

I'm a 17 year old female lead guitarist, and have been learning for 4 months, but playing on and off since January. The guitar is my best friend ^__^ I also play pop piano until recently because I don't like christmas songs so I slack.

Guitarist I look up to are Miyavi for his rather unique style and Hideto Matsumoto from X Japan. Tak Matsumoto, and Tom Morello also.
Uhm, I mostly listen to only Japanese oriented music like SID, Girugamesh, Phantasmagoria, Miyavi, Orange Range, BUCK-TICK, Kagrra, MERRY, Psycho le Cemu, Luna Sea, Ayabie, Nightmare, Tak Matsumoto..etc..etc Either that or techno/electronica. Use to listen to english bands in the 90s/80s before I got into the J-scene. Still do when I'm in the mood. There's always something different and nostalgic compared to music now.

As for songs I play, it depends. Trying to play the solo to stairway to heaven and also some songs by Asian Kung-fu Generation, anime OP/EDs and Silent Hill songs.

Really hoping to learn Japanese and move to Japan to start a band when I finish studying in Singapore. Will also be forming a local band soon in the meantime and hopefully be able to play for an audience one day. :)

Anyway, nice meeting you all. This intro looks long X.x

Silent Hill songs? The game or something?
Lol.. Welcome to soft!
I like Tom Morello too! But I don't listen to jap bands..

Thanks! Yeah, the songs from the game Silent Hill. I like Akira Yamaoka's compositions.

Got rid of all the poprock one day and found out that my playlist suddenly all Jap songs lol. Nowadays listening to guitar solos by Van Halen, Steve Vai, Eric Johnson etc to feel inspired and push myself to play better.

Haha, who knows! (no offense)

Oh, I want to learn how to play blues and funk :)
Can't believe I forgot, I love Santana lol! Used to listen to him before I knew anything about music. Think I will listen again now.

wow. female lead guitarist, haven met or even seen 1 b4.. o_O u cool~ hey can u play After Dark by Asian Kung-fu Generation or God Knows or Lost my Music by Hirano Aya?? cos tat'd be cool.. =x i listen 80% to jap songs but mostly are anime OP/EDs.. =x

I'm actually still learning to play God Knows by Hirano Aya :)
Can't play After Dark, but can play Kimi To Iu Hana and Rewrite by Asian Kung-fu Generation, though have to work alot on the accuracy since I'm still a beginner after all.

so cool! haha.. i can only play the drums of those songs in my mind.. =.= and when put into practice, i cant catch up.. lol.. the rolls in God Knows sounds easy, but i guess i have yet to master the basics to make rolls from only a snare sound nice.. =( im a beginner too, i guess..? start playing when im in sec 1 but not much improvement. =/ hey u got msn?? can add me! =x leon_lionhartz@hotmail.com =P

I've only been playing electric guitar since... last september lol. Even more of a beginner. @_@

btw, added :)

well u sound pro enuff to me.. lol. i cant play Anything on an electric guit.. well.. i think..? i got learn piano when i was like K2 or pri 1..? den i stopped after finishing 1st exam on basics.. =.= den i got into guitar.. and gave up.. again.. T_T and now drums.. and i learning pop piano now.. =P my bro plays guitar though.. he's learning pop guitar..

I'm learning pop piano too, until stage 2 only though going to drop it to make time for school and maybe japanese language lessons. I kinda wanna learn bass, and drums too =X

Back