Intro: annikk.exe

annikk.exe

Hi all, my screen name is Annikk. I am a resident of the United Kingdom (Scotland), currently on vacation in Singapore to visit my father. I'm looking for friends and also for advice on where to go to find a good selection of synthesizers. :>

I play guitar, bass, synthesizer, and am adept at using various sequencers to produce music..I've also spent a lot of time doing vocals, although imho this isn't my strong point.

I was previously the frontman (vocalist, guitarist, and author of all the music) in a band called Starfall (www.starfallonline.co.uk) which had moderate success and toured the UK, Europe, and Canada.

I'm currently looking for gear to beef up my studio a bit. I am almost entirely self-taught; I cannot read sheet music at all, instead I use terms like "that squiggly bit" and "that cool addon bit at the end" :p It all makes sense in my head, at least..

I look like this:
61179901_l.jpg

...and my music is generally electronic/industrial: Untitled.mp3 (right-click, save as)

Thanks for letting me join the fun! ^_^

-Annikk

Welcome Annikk! I like the way you write your music! Haha. :D I do that sometimes too, when it's just too time-consuming to write out the notes.

I can't really answer your question about the synthesizers, haven't been in Singapore much myself. But yea, good luck with your search!

hey welcome to soft, you look cool :D
by any chance do you play the bagpipe with a kilt? :D
always thought men who could pull kilts off are super sexy :p

lol!! That's a negative ;> I last wore a kilt when I was about 6 years old, and didn't have a choice in the matter :p

I can introduce you to some guys who do, though... ;)

Today's my last day in Singapore! :< But... I's back again in a week. Any decent alternative (ie in terms of music) clubs or bars I can check out around here? And... anyone feeling charitable enough to lead me through them? :p

-Annikk

You know, I have it on good authority that the sign of a true Scotsman is that he wears nothing beneath the kilt.. :O

Apparently way back in the day, Scottish commanders used to check their troops were conforming through use of a floor-based mirror.. :p

-Annikk

Back