Intro: Andrewtheshredder

Hi all. Ive been posting on this site for a while now, but i havent really given a proper introduction.

I am Andrew Chen. I originally started music by learning piano and violin. I have stopped my formal piano lessons (grade 5 practical) and now im just exploring piano and keyboard on my own.. Violin i still continue and hope to do my grade 8 and diplomas soon.

I have been playing guitar for a little over 3 years now, pretty much self taught, although i have picked up technical things from friends and mentors. As from my soft username, i got into pretty technical and shreddy things, and studied the music of jason becker, paul gilbert and all those shred guitarists.

After a while, i got more interested in the art of songwriting, rather than focusing on guitar solos and techniques alone, so i started to get very influenced by singer-songwriters, and also some folk and pop singers like Tim Buckley, Simon & Garfunkel, Air Supply.

A couple of months ago, i started to pick up singing just for fun, being somewhat influenced by the dramatic vocals of Freddie Mercury, Jon Bon Jovi, Jeff Buckley, Robert Plant, and also some female singers like Mariah Carey and Joss Stone. I dont quite call myself a singer yet, but still am just writing and trying to improve my originality.

I think this website and forum really keeps the local music scene up and i have met some really amazing musicians and friends on this site. ROCK ON PPL! :smt023 :rock:

im sort of in a band now, and forming some side projects as well. basically just trying to get exposed to as many different kinds of music and gain experience by gigging. learn from experience and jamming with as many different ppl as i can.

i might go on to further music education later on.

haha... well, im sure of you can play many instruments. all music is interchangeable so its just a matter of developing ur interests in other instruments.

but tat version tempo off lei....... :oops:

anyway we got gigs this fri at 8pm at the new library n sun at 4pm at youth park....... hope 2 c u around....... :wink:

:twisted:

Back