HSS,SSS,HH OR HSH

rina

Just wanna ask wat diff does it make if a guitar have HSS OR SSS OR HSH.....i mean they are all guitar.....my friend just look down on guitar with HSS configuration say tat HH are better.....i don see any different....a wise man once told me,to get the rite sound does not necessary from ur guitar,the amp play part too....so any1 wanna debate on this

if ur talkin abt sound... everything counts.. the cable.. the picks and the strings u used etc.. but still .. back to the origin.. its the player itself..

humbuckers gives more toned and warm sound and rid of noise.. all personal preference lah.. some people like single coil cuz its more 'wild' ..

and if ur good at controllin ur feedback... single coil is good too...

no use debatin lah.. its like u like macdonald or KFC.. :lol:

for me i prefer single coiled.. but playin hums sometime is good too... like u eat macdonald everyday once in a while try KFC oso nice :lol:

:lol: sorry gettin more and more sleepy.. pardon for craps outta my mouth

I only go with HH or SSS .... Cause i think they just look wicked like that .... But in terms of sound I'd say go humbucker for heavier sound, single coil for less heavy, HSS for both, you know ....

Hmmmmm

Well, me thinks its neither of both but a properly set-up guitar and the player to use the guitar to its fullest potential.

To quote Dhalif, "Tok so much for what? Just play the damn guitar!"
WTTE. (Words to that effect)

There's no such thing as better or worse, depends on what sound you want and what sound you like. But then again one man's food might be another man's poison, that's why certain people tend to get overly insultive and violent towards things they don't like. So just get used to your friend.

gordonzz said:
for me i prefer single coiled.. but playin hums sometime is good too... like u eat macdonald everyday once in a while try KFC oso nice

Hahaha!!! This is a great analogy. You have inspired me to change and today I will go to KFC for lunch.

hey you forget to consider:

HSSH like Steve Morse!!!
SH like George Lynch!!!
HHH like Ace Frehley!!!
HS like new american Tele!!!
SS like normal tele!!
H like EVH!!!

you now need 8 guitars... :(

how come no one use:
HSH???
SSH???
or S???

rina said:
Just wanna ask wat diff does it make if a guitar have HSS OR SSS OR HSH.....i mean they are all guitar.....my friend just look down on guitar with HSS configuration say tat HH are better.....i don see any different....a wise man once told me,to get the rite sound does not necessary from ur guitar,the amp play part too....so any1 wanna debate on this

This is a very "Beginners" & "Shallow" viewpoint. You can tell your friend go and read more magazines and see more guitar players before making such comments.

It's like 'my dicky is bigger than your dicky' so my is better. Like they say, it's not in the size, but the (bed) skill.

A good guitarist can make a crap guitar sound like heaven, but a crap guitarist cannot make the best guitar in the world sound better than shit.

different configs serve different sound and tone. so find the right one for yourself eventually.

Remember, humility will lead to greatness. Ya ya papaya's will lead to downfall.

woah....mikeman has prevail....using dick as example!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hahahah.... too much erotic film at nite huh mikeman.....just kidding ard.......anw nice 1 though

headwan said:
woah....mikeman has prevail....using dick as example!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hahahah.... too much erotic film at nite huh mikeman.....just kidding ard.......anw nice 1 though

Heehee.....schooling days lah, exchange 'good stuffs' with buddies. :lol: :lol:

LimpPisskit said:
hey you forget to consider:

HSSH like Steve Morse!!!
SH like George Lynch!!!
HHH like Ace Frehley!!!
HS like new american Tele!!!
SS like normal tele!!
H like EVH!!!

you now need 8 guitars... :(

how come no one use:
HSH???
SSH???
or S???

still got lace sensors leh? :p

I go HSS for versatility and would carry a Tele and LP to round off any other areas.

Again, YMMV ..... there's really no one answer.

You could go extremely versatile by being mod crazy :wink:

For example, going with a HSH config, with coil tapping to split the humbuckers into single coils, and another to run them in parallel. For the SSS configs, same can be applied if using mini humbuckers. If using normal single coils, EMG SPC can be installed to fatten up the single coil sound to make it sound like a humbucker. EMG afterburners can also be installed to bring you over the top hehe.

Downside about all these = some work required, and it's gonna cost.

Advantages = All styles of music in one guitar. You might not get the pure sound but hey, it works! :D

My opinion is any kind also can, HSS, HH, SSS, HSH, if u want a certain kinda sound,eg metal chugging, get the correct pedal or efx.

Pedals do give you a wide range of sounds, but u'd be hard pressed to name a pedal that can make a H-H sound like a S-S-S or vice versa. Even with a 10-band EQ., it won't really be the same, IMHO.

I have a boss EQ pedal, but it dont really make my LP sound like a single coil. Which is why i'm on the lookout for a good deal on a nice strat! :lol:

Latest posts

Back