HOw to play music thats half a step down?

cryingstatue

hey guys need some help here... how to i get teh music to go up half step so that i can play it in standard tuning on my guitar?

i'm not sure what you mean by "the music" , but here's what I think you mean:

You wanna play along with some music, but then the band plays in Eb tuning instead of E, hence when you play in E it sounds out of pitch (too high). If you wanna change the music, there's most probably software or winamp pluggins that can help you change the pitch, but those lowend ones might change the tempo as well....

Alternatively, just down tune your guitar lo, OR don't use any open position chords but play barre chords corresponding to the chords used in the song but pitched in E, this means if the song is downtuned to Eb, but the chords are listed as C Am F G, you play Cb G#m E F#..etcetc..

Han

Capo?

What I do in the past is to keep the guitar tuned half step lower. So, when i wish to play to a song that's in standard tuning, i just clip on the capo. That's a lot easier. =)

Re: Capo?

live33 said:
What I do in the past is to keep the guitar tuned half step lower. So, when i wish to play to a song that's in standard tuning, i just clip on the capo. That's a lot easier. =)

agreed

play the music half step higher ? or do you mean lower ?

if you want to play it half step higher, add a sharp to any chords that you are playing (eg, if its C, play C#, if its G play G#)

if you want to play it half step lower, add a flat to any chords that you are playing (eg, if its C, play B, if its A play G#)

Latest posts

Back