How to DIY practice room

ala carte - dude I can only suggest you my alternative, otherwise like others said ,your best shot would be trying other jam studio's setup and get the exact. or a little cheaper version. i seldom handle with mixers so i can't give you proper recommendations. and err, like what others said also, do try to do searches, the internet is hell of a library. if we spoon feed you, you probably know a fraction of what we know. if you spoon feed yourself, you may know even more than we do.

man i spent a long time on google finding stuff but they're not wad i'm looking for most of the time..

budget? around 1.5k for everything.

wad equipment? i was hoping u could tell me really, i dunno nuts abt pa stuff...the functions i want the equipment to serve is on my first post, isnt it?

anyway, thx a lot for the help indigo, the site's interesting! :)

ala_carte said:
is it possible to use a guitar amplifier as a vocal amplifier due to budget constraints?

mic>mixer>guitar amp?

The short answer is yes, but the sound won't be very good. But if you are working on budget constraints, you can do that first.. :wink:

in your first post you mentioned having keyboard, bass and drums in the room as well... have u got the instruments?

drums no need to mic..

keyboard - definitely need an amp.

bass- need an amp also..

You can probably just share keyboard and bass into a bass amp also if you are short on budget.

Vocals can also go into the bass amp rather than the guitar amp for slightly better sound.

cheers.

keyboard amp and xlr cables - settled already.

vocals into bass amp, u heard it for urself?

the drumset, mixer, mics and bass amp are coming in soon :)

well if u have the keyboard amp already u can just run your vocals thru that rather than the bass or e. guitar amp. Should sound fairly decent.

Back