Help!

applenoob

Hey guys. I'm a total rookie when it comes to guitars.
What type guitar would you recommend?
My budget its pretty low. Its it possible to get a decent one for below $200?
1st hand or 2nd hand?

Thanks! :)

Check out the forums using search. or read through the forum.
What songs do ya play? genre?

i think some of our softies got a pretty decent one with set up at 190++ from davis Guitar.
=) i forgot what model etc already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys. I'm a total rookie when it comes to guitars.
What type guitar would you recommend?
My budget its pretty low. Its it possible to get a decent one for below $200?
1st hand or 2nd hand?

Thanks! :)

Are you looking for an acoustic guitar or electric guitar?

Hey applenoob

Craftsman is a brand of electric guitars sold by City Music

It is definitely possible to get a decent one below $200!

I prefer Maestro guitars, they probably have one or two standard series models under $200. I'm not sure though, cause they don't list prices on their site.

If not, you could check out the custom acoustic brand sold by city music! Their cheapest one is $191.25. http://www.citymusic.com.sg/webshaper/store/viewProd.asp?pkProductItem=294

There are those who say Jack and Danny guitars are one of the best low priced guitars. You can find them at music theme at peninsular plaza or ranking sports at bras basah complex.

Shalom!

Last edited:
Jack and Danny offer incredible value for money, but do inspect carefully as the quality can be quite inconsistent. There are excellent ones, and there are not-so-great ones. There are also bad ones. Same goes with Custom Acoustic. But value-wise, if you get a good piece, they're hard to beat. You can try looking for a used one from Soft classifieds? $200 for a brand-new guitar is kind of tight.

I'm using a Jack and Danny DG-Solo Cedar CEQ, which is kinda like a mid-range guitar if you look at Jack and Danny's range of models.. Superb value with Fishman electronics for around $350-400 (can't remember the price!), but frankly I don't like the tuners and will change them one day.

Last edited:
Many Thanks!

Thank you so much guys! I'll go look around the shops you recommended! Hope i could find one that i'll love. *keeping my fingers cross*

Latest posts

Back