Help!! Advice needed!

rebecca101

I created an account just to ask this question lol so i appreciate any advice i can get!

Im getting a beginner's guitar this sat and im very very torn between two guitars. They are the Takamine D20 and Yamaha F310. Both come in packages and are pretty value for money since my budget's like 200 plus dollars. :confused: Here's what they offer:

Takamine ($245) -
padded gig bag, learners’ book, guitar strap and DVD, guitar tuner and picks.

Yamaha (around $256 with member's discount) -
Gig bag, Pitch pipe, String set, Strap, String winder, Capo, Picks.

Ok i dont really care about the contents of the package since they each got their pros and cons.. What im really concerned about is the guitar. I read reviews online, they seem fairly decent for the price. Any opinions on which is better? Could really use the help!

Thanks! :)

If based on the package items, i would say ditch the dvds and books it's more practical that you get the capo and other stuff which you might need i mean after all you can do a lot of the learning online especially youtube

If based on the package items,

Ok i dont really care about the contents of the package since they each got their pros and cons

Rebecca, oddly enough your exact same question has been asked before: http://www.soft.com.sg/forum/guitar-rookie-corner/144717-yamaha-f310-vs-takamine-d20-d50.html

Have you tried both? You should just go with the one that looks and feels better to you. At this price point you will not find too much of a difference and individual pieces of each model will vary in quality anyway.

Rebecca, oddly enough your exact same question has been asked before: http://www.soft.com.sg/forum/guitar-rookie-corner/144717-yamaha-f310-vs-takamine-d20-d50.html

Have you tried both? You should just go with the one that looks and feels better to you. At this price point you will not find too much of a difference and individual pieces of each model will vary in quality anyway.

lol i had no idea someone asked that before! hmm i tried neither since i will only be going down on sat and being a noob myself, i doubt i know how to "feel" the guitars :X

anyway, thanks for the advice guys!

oh i might be headed to luthermusic to get the guitars, any other good places to recommend?

yeah, both guitars are really very very comparable to each other, just go with whichever looks better built and feels better to hold.

try maestro guitars also at penin, they're at the basement i think

Don't rush getting your guitar. Visit some other shops and try the guitars. Go down to peninsula basement, Davis guitar, and try some guitars there. they even have packages with amps too. You can also go down to swee lee and check out the guitars there. just my 2 cents.

Back