Guitar Stand or Wall?

yanlong94

guys, where can I get a guitar stand? Idk whether to use a stand or hang or wall man. Anyway, the guitar stand must be stainless steel and not so expensive. Thanks all!

don't think stainless steel guitar stands are that common. never seen one myself. and probably any music shop you step into has guitar stands.

hmm, and btw those stands that only holds your bottom of the guitar like this
K08-1758155.jpg

Is it safe? Because I have seen some guitar stands that holds the neck as well like this
K08-1768500055.jpg

both serve their purposes well. because the guitar is angled backward so it can't really fall forwards. i would get the first one though. somehow seems more convenient. can get a hercules stand if you want. those seem stylish but a tad expensive

I'd recommend Hercules. Not cos of looks but it's one of the few brands of stands whose foam padding doesn't react with guitar finish.

Searched on the internet; Hercules seems nice. The question is where can I purchase it other than online shopping and how much on average will it be? Thanks all for your recommendation.

Saw a couple at Sound Alchemy, but I'm sure most guitar shops have them. Selling around $15-$17 if I'm not wrong

Wouldn't recommend to hang it on the wall unless you have very solid drilling skills. Guess you wouldn't want your guitar to fall from a certain height now would you :S

If you have 3 - 4 guitars and wouldn't mind leaving them in your room, can always buy this:

RockStandbyWarwickRS5Folding5GuitarStand.jpg

Can try any guitar shops in Peninsula, pretty sure they sell it.

For Hercules, think I saw a couple of them at Swee Lee. But yes, Hercules stands are pretty expensive. Hope these helps :)

for the stand that can hold more than 3-4 guitars, is it way expensive than the normal stands that holds 1-2 guitars? Cos if i were to buy this type of stands, might need some space for it. What I'm planning is to buy a stand that can hold one guitar or two at most depending on the price haha. Anyway thanks for your tips guys! Hercules seems nice but the price is quite..:p. What's so special about Hercules as compared to other normal stands? Can't really see the difference other than the yellow thing at the joint.

3 to 4 guitar stands compared to 1-2 still depends on build quality and all. hercules doesn't use foam padding i believe. So it doesn't react with the guitar finish. you can see your paint fading after a while. furthermore hercules got this super cool clip thing. when you put your guitar there it goes down and holds your guitar in place. pull it up and it comes up releasing the guitar. go see it and you'll know what i mean. i ain't that illustrative with words. plus if you get one of those foam ones then only hold the bottom the padding tends to go and my guitar is forever chaffed by bare metal.

wall mounts are cool. It's like hanging a photo frame only cooler.

be it wall mounts or stands, keep them away from direct sunlight. you don't want the foam to stick on your guitars.

3 to 4 guitar stands compared to 1-2 still depends on build quality and all. hercules doesn't use foam padding i believe. So it doesn't react with the guitar finish. you can see your paint fading after a while. furthermore hercules got this super cool clip thing. when you put your guitar there it goes down and holds your guitar in place. pull it up and it comes up releasing the guitar. go see it and you'll know what i mean. i ain't that illustrative with words. plus if you get one of those foam ones then only hold the bottom the padding tends to go and my guitar is forever chaffed by bare metal.

hmm, so sweelee is the only one with Hercules right?

no la, it's plastic.. light.. portable (fits in the front pocket of a gig bag).. durable.. well received by guitarists everywhere.. reasonably priced... why on earth would anyone in the right mind use it for everyday use?

i don't understand your last sentence sorry. You mean it's not normal for guitar stand to be used for everyday use? sry sry

Well the stand which holds multiple guitar are priced very differently due to the quality of the stand.

I've seen a couple going for $25 bucks in the classified sections. Probably you can get it below $50 from local stores. Hercules stands will definitely cost more.

Latest posts

Back