Greetings: Hayabusa

hayabusa

Hi people,

I just registered. I'm from Johor. This is my first time joining a forum in Singapore. I play the guitar and the bass in my church band. Love to make music, but love to make music intruments even more. I'm more a craftsman and a technician than a player.

As I have exhausted out all the music shops in JB, I'm really looking forward to check out the music stores in Singapore to see fresh stuff. Hope you guys can recommand me the good stores give me the directions.

awesome! a brother from across the sea. a craftsman and technician too.

well, you can try peninsula and bras basah, located in the central area. there are probably other places as well, but i'm not too well-informed there.

Hi freaky and all,

have you ever been to malaysia to shop for music instruments? there are actually a couple of good shops around JB. No need to go all the way to Bently in KL. the only shop i've visited in singaopre is standardvalue. seems like most of the stuff there are cheaper than here in malaysia. how would you compare malaysian and singaporean prices of musical instuments?

i have to say i've never been there much, despite the fact that i live near the causeway. i wouldn't know much about the price difference either.

and i'm even more ashamed to say, i never knew standardvalue was so near my home.

damn.

there are in fact many, many music stores in JB.

The best places are CNM music centre, one in Landmark Plaza (downtown JB), and another in Taman Universiti (somewhere off Jalan Skudai). Another place worth checking out is Hop music (along Jalan Tebrau). For piano, keboard etc, check out Schumann music at Century Garden (also off jalan tebrau). Other than these, the rest of the shops aren't pretty much worth checking out coz they sell at higher prices.

If intersted, i can give more detailed directions.

So, what are the cheapest shops around in Singapore? And are there any super-cheap (knock-off :D ) guitars available here? Really interested to get some for experiments.

you can drop by peninsula shopping complex. it's on coleman street. that's where davis guitar is (basement). there are also a couple of other shops there which might interest you. the basement connects to excelsior hotel, home to more guitar shops like luther music. do check them out!

http://www.davisguitar.com/
http://www.luthermusic.com

once you're done you can either walk or fly down on your hayabusa to bras basah complex (along bain street) and take a look at swee lee's showroom.

http://www.sweelee.sg

hope that helps you out bro.

hmm... How much does an epiphone les paul cost in JB? The price here ranges from 900-1250++ i've always wanted to go to malaysia to look at guitars. But not too sure about their price ranges...

epiphone les paul price here can range from rm1200 to rm2000. do the maths yourself :twisted: you can try out the shops i introduced. but you will bloody need a car to get around.

one particular thing i remember is that the jim dunlop guitarcloth retails for rm12. after much bagraining i got it for rm10. i saw the exact same thing in standardvalue for $3. $3 = rm7.20!!!!!!!!

hey freaky,

is this davis shop in the same place as g77? checked out the website. looks like they only have branded stuff. is there anywhere i can get ultra-cheap stuff? coz i'm into modifying guitars. i can't hack and drill into fenders and gibson..

i can't go far with my hayabusa. coz mine is not a suzuki. it's a tamiya :D

Back