gibson... Esp...

+1

guitarnub said:
one way to check out which PU is which on the guitar is by looking at the colour of the letters "EMG" on the pickups itself

Silver - 81
Grey - 60
Gold - 85
Orange - 89

+1

Datx another way of checking the model.

neuro182 said:
Usually people go for ESP bec :-
(1) the funny body shape
(2) the EMG PUs
Uh no?
Their best selling non signautre models are the Horizon and Eclipse, which is like a super strat style body and a LP style body.
The eclipse doesn't have an arched top, unlike a gibby LP. I think.
There is also an Eclipse with SD 59/JB for 100 bucks less at $2100.

I feel that the 81/60 is my favourite combo.

I have a kh2 and it came stock with 2 emg 81's. I swapped the neck pickup out for a 60 for a smoother lead tone, but you wont go wrong with an 81 in the bridge, IMO and in many other great musicians opinion :)

It's still a great pickup no doubt, just not my cup of tea.
I'm not flaming 81 users. :D
But yeah if it's in the neck... :?

eclipses do have archtop just like les pauls

only the LTD standard EC series have a few variants which does not feature the archtop top

EMGs

gargamelesp said:
I feel that the 81/60 is my favourite combo.

I have a kh2 and it came stock with 2 emg 81's. I swapped the neck pickup out for a 60 for a smoother lead tone, but you wont go wrong with an 81 in the bridge, IMO and in many other great musicians opinion :)

1st thing came to mind wen the EMG 81/60 was mentioned is JAMES HETSFIELD!! MY ALL-TIME FAV, not to mention KIRK HAMETT..

EMG 81/81 is good la, but I feel the 81 on the neck sounds too leady instead of chunky when u try palm-muting or some melodic riffs.

I've yet to try 81/60 & 81/85, but from Hetsfield & Wylde music, I tink its pretty reasonably awesome as well.

Vaiyen said:
how come you can't spell the names of any of your favourite guitarists?

:?

hahahahaha. Personally, i think 81s are great on the bridge, but for the neck, something else besides the 81 would be better

Re: EMGs

neuro182 said:
1st thing came to mind wen the EMG 81/60 was mentioned is JAMES HETSFIELD!! MY ALL-TIME FAV, not to mention KIRK HAMETT..

EMG 81/81 is good la, but I feel the 81 on the neck sounds too leady instead of chunky when u try palm-muting or some melodic riffs.

I've yet to try 81/60 & 81/85, but from Hetsfield & Wylde music, I tink its pretty reasonably awesome as well.

81 is supposed to be a lead pickup, is it not? :?
ROFL AT KIRK HAMETT AND HETSFIELD

Re: EMGs

wangdexian said:
neuro182 said:

81 is supposed to be a lead pickup, is it not? :?
ROFL AT KIRK HAMETT AND HETSFIELD

Yeah whats wrong? Kirk puts dual 81s on his axe & it sounded jus as good.

Back