Football Boots..

Hi all. Adidas has been my preferred choice of soccer boots after i experimented with Kronos (orange), Line 7 (silver) and Nike.

Previously, i was using the white Precision ones with the Champions League logo, affixed on the heel, for about 6 yrs. I bought them in 2001. it retailed at $249 which i purchased from Queensway. the shop is the first one next to the stairs leading to McDonalds. i still think i was cheated BIGTIME!

nevertheless, the material of the boot was wonderful. i loved it! followed me all the way from sec 4, to U18 club football, thru regular service and then...................

late last year, the studs chipped off. so it was time to get another pair.

i did some research online(unhelpful to say the least as most of the boots were available only in EU & UK), made a few visits to popular sports shops, before finally deciding on the latest Adidas Traxion Firm Ground.

I bought it for $70++ at the shop owned by indians at the top floor of Peninsula. The boots had a lace attached to the tongue which had to be placed under the foot.

i've probly used the boots on no more than 30 occassions. from day 1, the right boot cause much discomfort to the side of my feet. i dismissed it thinking that it was all part of 'seasoning' them.

as time went on, i played with the pain and accepted it. recently however, the lace attached to the tongue of the boot wore off and now, the tongue flaps all over when im running.

as a result, the right boot feels loose and coupled with the pain, it is indeed annoying.

are there any good Adidas boots to recommend? perhaps none with the lace technology? moreover, the current boots have a somewhat rubbery surface which i think can be done away for good.

is there any way to repair the torn lace?

besides Adidas, are there any cool boots to recommend?

what boots are you using? where did you purchase them and at what cost?

any other interesting true tales, advice are most welcome!

you've spent 250 once i think it's safe to say you would spend 250 again.

try out the adipure

Why not try the Adidas Copa Mundial? and make sure to try half or full size smaller before buying thou.

Last edited:
Back