fingering

FeElDaGrOoVe

is there any fixed finger or recommended fingering? where do i find that? well cos my friend e.guitar at my home now for 2 days, was trying to play gun n roses dont cry front part solo, manage to get it at a steady beat, but i found out i only use my index and middle finger, and occasionaly the ring finger. is there any thing wrong with that? i think theres something serious wrong about that, where can i learn propfer fingering? muz i learn chords? cos i did straight away by reading tabs, and play hehe :lol:

As long as you're comfortable with its alright i guess.But the pinky is VERY important. It gives additional reach and agility

if ye can reach the frets, n itz comfortable for those first 3 fingers of urs, then i guess itz really fine. Bt u should start training yer pinkie ye noe..being a guitarist/bassist u shouldn't leave yer pinkie to live on itz own :cry:

there is no fixed routine to fingering.

however, it will be best if you can do some chords, chromatic finger exercises, scales... the boring fundamentals. Cos too many people plays the guitars because they like a particular part of a song or the whole song. So eventually they lose out in the basics. And by that time, it may be too late to kick away lots of bad habits...

Try to learn those fundamentals such as chords and stuffs. You will appreciate it later as you grow in playing.

start with the middle finger, go slow, and then slowly work your index and ring fingers into your sessions as well. when you're comfortable, incorporate your pinky and increase the tempo slowly. focus on technique before speed, it's important to get it down right. take your time to build up your speed once you're comfortable, and before you know it your whole hand will be going so fast it'll practically be vibrating.

that's how i practice my fingering.

schred said:
if ye can reach the frets, n itz comfortable for those first 3 fingers of urs, then i guess itz really fine. Bt u should start training yer pinkie ye noe..being a guitarist/bassist u shouldn't leave yer pinkie to live on itz own :cry:
Yeap it's true
Better to have four fingers than just three :D

Back