Fender classic series 70's reissue anyone?

- Narrow nut and neck width
-Pickups are actually different from a Classic 60s

Nice guitar. I enjoyed it more than the Classic 60s Strat. But I suspect it's because I'm more used to the 70s styled Strats more. On a RI Twin Reverb (not very good IMO) you can nail that Mark Knopfler tone. Nice.

Note the classic 70s is nothing like late 70s Strats, which have a strange body shape and are quite heavy for Strats

fenderclassic_70strat.jpg

the Classic Series 70s Strat lists for $1,650 the last time i checked (Jan 05). i played it excessively in the store because i deem it to be the best out of the other classic models on offer, namely the 50s/ 60s models. that ash body gives off a very cutting edge high end which i like- lots of definition. was gonna buy it but the 50th Ann Strat came my way so i opted for the latter... 8)

subversion, how do the schaller machine heads on the classic series differ from the regular vintage style ones?

i had the 3 colour sunburst with rosewood fretboard sold it off..didnt gimme a satisfactory tone over my crap peavey.

subversion said:
that's kinda sad, IMO, you should disown your amp, not your Fender...

i would very much like to agree with you... the peavy is good for its clean tone, but bad at the lead channel... sub, is there anyway you can take out the amp, as in the 'head' and put it into another cabinate for a larger speaker, like a 12' to a 16'?

you can but it'll be too much work + too much cost in doing so. best to invest in a new amp- serious...

most mid-priced Peaveys sporting 12" speakers are rewarding these days, unlike the situation say a decade ago, where one has to choose between a practice unit/ a boutique, with very little 'in between' choices.

blahblah said:
i had the 3 colour sunburst with rosewood fretboard sold it off..didnt gimme a satisfactory tone over my crap peavey.

I express my condolence to your Fender...

Latest posts

Back