female drummers

happen to be at orchard cineleisure last sunday evening..
and happen to catch a performance by 'Doll Thrash' around 7pm...
girl drummer
hard hitter.. by gosh.. amazing........

Ermm... the drummer of Doll Trash is taken. My ex-colleague's (the guitarist) girlfriend lah :lol:

ermm mel..... did i say i'm going for her???
hahahaha....

i'm only saying she a hard hitter drummer, but ironically shes cute..
din really expect a cute girl wif tough hands.. hahahahahahah

wooppsss

ok ok..

DT will not talk about girls anymore...
anyway, from the other post, as posted by RD, i think its better for us to focus more on drums instead of the opposite sex.....

the reason i put up about her is that because i find it amazing that a girl wif small figure like hers can hit so hard....
and that's about it...

i think its time that we , esp ME!!!, shud focus more on Drums instead..

wat say you guys??

focusing on drums? i focus on drums so i dun have to focus on chasing girls, so hopefully the come to me.(hasn't quite happened the way i planned). hahah

maybe this girl has gd technique man, it actually dun take much strength to sound loud. gordon jensen use to blow up head off with his rim shots when i was just wee lad.

the way she hit, is using her whole forearm....
which i seldom use as mostly my wrists are doing most of the work...

DT... we can talk about girls but in a respectful manner... 8) remember a girl's built is different from a guy... that's why she has to use the forearm to get a louder volume when playing... :idea:

Ya Bro DT listen to drum_hobbyist - he is absolutely correct here...Kekekeke :lol: ... now then I know - I though our Bro DH knows only Details about Cymbals....now I know he also knows alot of details about many other ""...Kekekeke :smt005

yeah.. i seldom sound soft on the drumset.. blame it on my built...

anyway just sharing alittle... the type of sticks you use matters when you wanna bring out volume in the drums i think...

for example... weight.. and types of tip...

the FAT round type are super loud loh.. to me

i use 3As when i am jamming last time.. now switch to 5As... hehe
for church i tend to try to tame myself.. so i switched to 7As or hotrods...

Yeah Bro Reuben.

I agree, different sticks sizes create different sound, even the Tips (Nylon or wood) too....but I had always believe in something - Playing how loud on the Kit has also alot to do with...Technique Used to an extent. An Instructor once told me - he says " Getting a loud sound does not means using all mights and hitting hard on the kit - this is where Techniques comes in"...I leave it to everyone here to decide - if this is true.

actually.
hitting hard is not that good
u get tired easily
and of course.using the whole arm is not an good idea
like i said.u will get tired easily
wrist movement is still the best thing

I think to get loud sound out the kit it not just hitting hard. Use long sticks hold further back. Then play with wrists in a 'whipping' kind of action. Am i right? Or wrong? Or somewhere in the middle? lol. :lol:

badger- no lah bro thts one way but what happens is tht ur sacrificing speed and dexterity for power.

got a louder sound and got a thicker sound. with diff heads u get diff degrees of "thicker" sound. its not necessarily louder as per say.

a gd rim shot snap of the wrist is a gd way to make it louder. those guys who went for the workshop i showed u how i did the shuffle with the right left hand.

i also then to invert the stick and play with the butt end. it makes the ghost notes and backbeat sound fatter or thicker

Hehehehe Bro Blurred what you mentioned is also what I thought..."A Rim Short" is the answer to it.

I also realise that doing a "Rim-Shot" at the centre gives a full-loud crack sound....and usually I do this when I need just one loud sound I wanted to project.....But when I've to do multiple (Rim-Shot & Ghosting) at the same time - I will hit the Rim-Shot not at the centre of the snare but nearer the rim - not too near though - beacuse only this way - I get a Balance nice sounding Ghosting & Accenting put altogether...correct or not har?

Latest posts

Back