Fake Fender Spotted

fake.

though if u get it at 50 u could have kind of a old guitar/nirvana crap guitar to show off. :)

here's the real Broadcaster, it' doesn't take a genius to tell the diff...

fender_1.jpg

The guitar seems to be redone quite a long time ago. One look, can tell its a "CHEAPO POOR COPY", as the dimensions are totally out even if you compare it to a normal strat. If you noticed on the headstock, the curved shape is wrong, there are old string tree holes, which were not patched up, just lacquered over. The DIY lacquer is also very visible. The body and pickguard is also very 'out'. Not to mention, the poor quality wood fretboard.

My guess it's just some ones' project guitar maybe in the eighties, as some of the parts are changed. Hey, if the parts are of good brand, this is a worthwhile buy after all. Just see what is his final asking price.

OK, after another look, the hardware and electronics seem to be crappy stuff too. Stay clear unless you want to get it to hang HIGH up on the WALL as display. I wouldn't cause, some smarty pants will surely laugh at me.

Reminds me of the late eighties where counterfieting reaches unseen level and cheesiness. (T-shirts with big BOSS, VERSARCE..etc printed on it)

xcellancy said:
how did u guys noe is fake ???
how u guys idenify a fake guitar ??? :roll:

Given the fact that a broadcaster looks like a Tele, while a this guitar looks like a strat...

It doesn't really take a genius... :roll:

Re: s

yanxi said:
maybe he got cheated too or he still doesnt know the truth..

who ??? me ??? :roll:

by the way the auction has been cancelled :lol: ...
i tink alot of ppl found out liao.... dats y he cancel :lol: :lol: :lol:

i e-mailed the guy asking for the serial number to check authenticity, threatened to see him in court if it's a fake- told him i downloaded the pic already & it would reach Fender soon... :twisted:

subversion said:
i e-mailed the guy asking for the serial number to check authenticity, threatened to see him in court if it's a fake- told him i downloaded the pic already & it would reach Fender soon... :twisted:

Heehee....that's not a very nice thing to do. It's not like he is asking $500 for it. At $50 start price, he just seem to want to get rid of it only, which I think its a fair price even if it's a fake.

Latest posts

Back