Experienced vocalist / singer looking for band in Singapore

metasoul

Hi all, my name is Tash. I'll be moving to Singapore in July and am looking to join a band. I'll have time for part-time gigs on weekends and practice a couple times a week. I have a number of years experience singing in bar/club bands playing covers and originals. For covers, mostly classic rock, 80's and some newer stuff, and for my originals, more on the acoustic/melodic side.

Specifically, I am looking for a rock/alternative band, but would consider an acoustic band. The band needs to have experienced musicians that have no problem getting a weekend gig here or there.

My vocal style is unique and naturally on the higher side. I have no problem hitting the high stuff but I don't sing opera-like rock vocals, instead my style is more along the lines of Shannon Hoon, Janis Joplin, Axl Rose, Chris Cornell....Here's some songs that I know from past bands and some that are influential/my style that I'm working on:

AC/DC – Whole Lotta Rosie
Audioslave – Like A Stone
Black Sabbath – Paranoid
Blind Melon – No Rain
Credence Clearwater Revival – Have You Ever Seen the Rain
Eric Clapton – Cocaine
Green Day – Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
Guns N’ Roses – Don’t Cry
Guns N' Roses – Sweet Child O' Mine
Jimi Hendrix – All Along the Watchtower
Judas Priest – Livin’ After Midnight
Led Zeppelin – Stairway to Heaven
Ozzy Osbourne – Crazy Train
Pearl Jam – Last Kiss
Pearl Jam – Yellow Ledbetter
Radiohead – Creep
Steppenwolf - Born to Be Wild
Sutherland Brothers/Rod Stewart – Sailing
Ted Nugent – Cat Scratch Fever
The Animals - House of the Rising Sun
The Black Crowes – Hard To Handle
The Eagles – Already Gone
The Kinks – Lola
The Rolling Stones – Jumpin’ Jack Flash
The Rolling Stones - Paint It Black
U2 - With or Without You

If interested, contact me at tashanestos@gmail.com and we can meet either in July (after the 8th) when I move there, or I'll be there visiting June 11th and 12th and might be able to make time to try a few songs to make sure it's a good fit.

Peace-

Tash

Back