Epiphone Les pual

hellmurderer

Anyone knows where can I get a epiphone LP for a cheap price? Budget is around $600. Tried to find them but haven't really found a good deal.

Thanks for help :wink:

swee lee sells for 750sgd..
thats a first hand les paul standard model..
its pretty reliable..
one of the most reliable and recognised rock guitars of all time..
u can spend a bit more for the lp standard plus..
a custom costs 1000sgd but the wood combination is wonderful!!
all come with 20 percent disc..
after 20% the lp standard should be within ur budget bro..
or u could always check out second hand deals..

cheers

epi LP Std Plus is going for $800 retail. after discount its normally about $600. with hardcase its about $700. well within ur budget if you dun need the hardcase.
cheers

i would suggest a burny les paul by fernandes, the tone is much superior (active humbuckers) than a epi les paul.... seriously... epi's tone is too muddy for my liking... but each to his own pref. the price difference isnt much.. luthermusic used to have it around 650 sgd.. no idea if they still have it.

i used to have a epiphone LP standard... regeretted buying it : /

dunno why, recently i wanted to get an epi LP too, so i went to sweelee both bras basah and sims drive and was sorely disappointed with the workmanship of the recent epi products. either that or sweelee's display models are strangely defective. considering they are trying to make a sale right?? anyways, i managed to find a cheap 2nd hand prs instead and was pleasantly surprised by its tone and playability and workmanship. the tremonti se model at least, imho, is far superior to epi guitars. if you can find one 2nd hand, its highly recommended. :)

i suggest you get a 2nd hand epiphone les paul for that price or cheaper , instead of those off the shelfs of swee lee.. You can easily get a 2nd hand les paul that in so much better condition than those at swee lee.
You can try other brands of les pauls too, burny, suzuki(personally tried it, its awesome), they all make great les pauls

i heard all the epi lps in sweelee are made in china, that explains the workmanship

trueblue said:
i would suggest a burny les paul by fernandes, the tone is much superior (active humbuckers) than a epi les paul.... seriously... epi's tone is too muddy for my liking... but each to his own pref. the price difference isnt much.. luthermusic used to have it around 650 sgd.. no idea if they still have it.

WORD.... Burny guitars are like even comparable to Gibson's IMO.... You trueblue, you know your stuff .... They are just like Gibsons, only 2500 bucks less.... Made in japan ....

heard all the epi lps in sweelee are made in china, that explains the workmanship

thats not true..
hi fi killer..
theyre made in korea at least that was it the last time i saw them at swee lee..
haha[/list]

trueblue wrote:

WORD.... Burny guitars are like even comparable to Gibson's IMO.... You trueblue, you know your stuff .... They are just like Gibsons, only 2500 bucks less.... Made in japan ....

+1 to that. On top of it, i believe certain burny models have got the sustainer system in them, with the price still under 1k. Check with luther for availability.

additional info...

there is a "career" les paul selling at all music (2nd level park lane)
selling at 500+
you can get 10% discount.

budget wise, is a good guitar... the rest is up to u guys to check it out

cheers

Epiphones Les Pauls are made in both China (where Gibson has a factory there to produce Epiphones) and South Korea (by OEMs which are many different factories). You can tell where the guitar is made by looking at the first letter in the serial number. To fiind how where and when the Epiphone guitar is made, go to http://www.epifriends.net/faq/inhalt.html

The quality of each Les Paul can thus vary, but IMHO all new Epi Les Pauls need a proper set up by guitar tech for it to perform great.

Les Paul Customs go for around $800 nett ($1,000 list) while Standards and Classics are around $600 nett ($750 list), all without any hardcase or gig bag.

On the second market, you can pick up Les Paul Customs for about $600 -$700 and Standards and Classics from between $350 and $500, depending on age and condition.

Burny Les Pauls used to be made in Japan but unfortunately the newer ones are also now made in China.

Chinese-made guitars are not necessarily bad, and those with the more reputable brands tend to have better QC. A lot of the Chinese OEMS also produce guitars under their own brand, as well as other renowned brands.

8)

Went to luther music today... all burny sold out. only left fender (japan)
so end of Feb or early march new burny will come in... but the model does not have sustain...

Davis - epiphone $750 (come with hard case)

dunno swee lee is any cheaper... who know?

cheers

sweelee cheaper. i got a quote for an Epiphone LP Std Plus (model with the Grover tuners) with hardcase is $695...dunno whether its only my price or everyone else's price...keke...

I emailed Sweelee..

Its kinda weird eh i asked them how much do the Ibanez AutoWah pedal cost. They gave me a price of 108. When i go down buy they gimme 114 discounted liao. The salesgirl trying to get commission is it?

And also, i emailed then the epiphone lespaul std plus was selling at 650. Thru email they gave me the price. Hmm go down the price sure go up i guess.

Back