Eh? 100V for a cab?

vernplum

So, I ordered a Marshall AVT112 1x12 cabinet from Ishibashi in Japan. To be delivered next week.

The Customer Services Rep sends me a mail that contains the following line:

Please note that the power supply is 100V only.

uh, so what is she talking about? Cabs are measured in Ohms right? They don't feed direct from the mains...

Worried about what I will receive...[/i]

vernplum said:
So, I ordered a Marshall AVT112 1x12 cabinet from Ishibashi in Japan. To be delivered next week.

The Customer Services Rep sends me a mail that contains the following line:

Please note that the power supply is 100V only.

uh, so what is she talking about? Cabs are measured in Ohms right? They don't feed direct from the mains...

Worried about what I will receive...[/i]

Hi Vernplum

As long as they don't send a 1x12 combo, you're OK.

Generally, other than the Rivera sub-woofer, guitar cabs are not active-powered (like some monitors), so you just need to plug-and-play into your head.

Lots of time sales rep do not know the product in depth or their target customer either. They just follow a routine line when closing a sale.

This is more especially so if you are doing a phone order or a internet purchase. They will tend to just employ any tom, dick or harry off the streets to cut cost.

THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE RETAIL SHOPS!! Service and product testing comes with the price which is normally fair or even to our (customer) advantages.

SO PLEASE GUYS WHO ARE READING THIS, PLEASE RESPECT YOUR LOCAL RETAIL DEALERS. KEEP NET PURCHASE TO PRODUCTS NOT AVAILABLE HERE. DO NOT PLAY PUNK AND TEST A PRODUCT THEN PURCHASE OFF THE NET. THAT IS BEING AN ARSE-HOAL.

Yeah. Didn't want to order from abroad but it was a last resort (and a damn expensive one at that). Only 1x12 cab available in SG was the Peavey 112SX you suggested, and I didn't want that one. I had ordered a 1912 via Davis, but Marshall failed to ship it in their last delivery and the next shipment isn't till June. @!#@ that - I couldn't wait - you know what it's like when you got the serious GAS. :)

Yeah. that's disadvantage of a small local market. Wish you good luck to recieve your goods proper and in order.

Latest posts

Back