Eco Music Challenge 2010 - For budding song writers.

decade78

Eco Music Challenge 2010 is an online song-writing competition organised by the National Environment Agency (NEA) for talented and passionate individuals to express their appreciation our beautiful environment through music.

Start writing your song now and stand to win cash prizes of up to S$13,000!

The top 10 finalists will undergo a special mentorship programme with Singapore's veteran composer and singer songwriter, Clement Chow, and have a chance to pit their skills at a
finale concert on 23 October 2010. The winning song will even be selected as the official Clean & Green Singapore song for 2010!

Submission of entries ends on 29 Aug 2010
Online Voting ends on 6 Sep 2010
10 Finalists to be announced on 20 Sep 2010
Top 3 Winners to be announced on 23 Oct 2010

http://nea.ecomusic.sg/eco_music.html

I can't join to this competition because i was not born here, and i am not permanent resident. I am told i should team with Singaporean people then send the song.

I have a song, will be inside the first 10, i want male singer to contribute with me.

Please contact

I use to think i could win this competition but i listen your music, i don't anymore :) You can take it as a compliment. That's all you need right now.

I use to think i could win this competition but i listen your music, i don't anymore :) You can take it as a compliment. That's all you need right now.

thanks D90 for the kind words ... which entry is yours by the way?

It all depend on the judge and what he or she favour.

YES INDEED ... more likely a panel of judges ...so what may be great for some mite not be another's cup of tea ...

but thats the whole fun of it aint it? :)

Winterjam - maybe we can collaborate one of these days for an ad hoc project ... :)

Great!!! There should be more Songwriting Competitions to improve the local Original Music Market...
And if you guys are looking to record your songs down, you know where to find me..:)
Wish you guys the best of luck!!!

I don't have any ;)... my song still waiting for lyrics, which i am not good at...

early 2 dun say ... we cud have colaborated ..

BTW HERE ARE THE LYRICS TO MY ENTRY - GREENTHUMB ...

GREEN THUMB

Music & Lyrics by Farid Long
Performed by Retro Groove

Verse
I know this pretty little girl, she seems to know one pleasure
She’s made gardening her world, her plants are her greatest treasure.
Her orchids, ivy plants & fern, weeping figs & Chinese evergreens.
I sure have got a lot to learn, in this hydroponic scene.

Chorus
She’s got a greenthumb baby, she talks to plants hardly knows I exist.
She lives in a high-rise forest, closest she comes to total bliss.
I feel I’ve been invariably barking up the wrong tree.
She’s got a greenthumb baby, I “ve got the 5Cs.

Verse
And yes I have this money plant, the bugs have seemed to made them bankrupt.
And my begonia is a goner, when the fungi interrupt.
The bagworms think they’re from Japan, they’re saying “Banzai” to my bonsai.
I sure wish I could understand, everything I grow just seems to die.

Repeat Chorus

Bridge
They say that we live in concrete jungles, sometimes we don’t see the forest for the flats
If only my plants could talk to me now, they’d ask me “Oh Farid, why treat us like that”?
They say there’s a place that I can got o, discover exactly just where I went wrong.
Go to her sky rise garden I know, I’ll learn more bout plants than I could from this little song.

Repeat Chorus.

Back