Differences for guitar bags and stands?

nabeelmashren

Hi guys, i was just wondering about the pros and cons of leaving your guitar in its, bag, rather than on a stand. And also the pros and cons of leaving the guitar on the stand, rather than the bag. Please answer this burning question of mine, as i need to decide whether to invest in a stand or not. Thanks a lot guys!

Cheers

well...play more and u see... hehehehe. well its pretty usefull to have a stand to place ur guitar aside for awhile to go makan first... tehn come back later and play .... for me... no biggie whether u have one or not.

well...play more and u see... hehehehe. well its pretty usefull to have a stand to place ur guitar aside for awhile to go makan first... tehn come back later and play .... for me... no biggie whether u have one or not.

Cannot jus stand it up against a table or wall meh? I know will get scratches overtime, but it's nothing compared to the abuse my guitars go through once I pick them up:twisted:

a stand is convenient if you have many guitars. keeping them in the case seems quite ley chey to take out whenever you want to play. so a stand is basically for the lazy guitarist =).

the cons

stand:
collect dust easily
strings rust faster
might warp necks faster ( depending on what kind of stand )

bag:
troublesome to take out
might not have good support in long periods of time ( depending on how you angle it )

Beez did suggest to me once that leaving your guitar flat on the table is good. I dunno about that, never had the luxury of space haha.

inside a soft bag the heat and moisture tends to rust up the strings fairly fast... for me i keep my guitar on a stand and clean it once everyday after playing. in that way it works fine...

Latest posts

Back