Difference between US Vintage and Texas Specials

lppier

Hi,

What are the differences between these two pickups on the mij guitars? Is one "better" than the other?
Let's say a 2 MIJ '57 reissue, one with US Vintage, the other with Texas Specials, fundamentally the guitar body and everything else is the same, right?

Thanks.

as you've said yourself, it's a difference with the pickups. go try them for yourself to hear the difference. there's no one "better" than the other, because the search for perfect tone is neverending. if you like a TGM pickup over a bareknuckle one, so be it.

Google is your best friend. The way things work with CIJ Fenders is that the models with US-Vintage pickups usually have Basswood bodies, while those with Texas Specials usually have Alder/Ash Bodies. �»•iƒKƒCƒh

Basswood may or may not be a preferred tonewood to you, so do try out the different models at whichever dealer you prefer :)

Texas Specials tend to be higher output and more edgy (I have a set installed in my strat), while US-Vintage pickups are more mild (according to reviews I've read online). For information about Fenders, do refer to Telecaster Guitar Forum - guitars, gear, amps and strings and search for "CIJ Fender" for lots of posts/info.

Back