Connecting digital piano to laptop

Lawliet

I want to connect my yamaha P140 to my laptop to record the sound.

I bought a RCA to 3.5mm cable today.

Which part of the laptop do I plug the 3.5mm cable to to be able to record in stereo? Audio in? microphone?

I tried with audacity but I can't seem to record sound =(.

The port u want to connect to is the 3.5mm line-in or mic-in which is usually in pink. The line-out is in green.

Try using the "Sound Recorder" (a windows default software) to test whether you can capture the sound.

After getting back my lexicon lambda, I figured out where to plug in (through my audio interface) =D, but only can record in mono =(.

Huh, i thought the lamda has 2 line in? You can get the P140 L Channel into the 1st line-in and the R Channel into the 2nd line-in. There should be RCA to dual-mono 1/4" cables available. Try calling Ranking Music.

Huh, i thought the lamda has 2 line in? You can get the P140 L Channel into the 1st line-in and the R Channel into the 2nd line-in. There should be RCA to dual-mono 1/4" cables available. Try calling Ranking Music.

so need 2 cables? <_<

Its a RCA (white/red) to 2 mono 1/4" in a single cable. I am pretty sure I have seen one before. Have u called Ranking to check?

Alternatively, you can always go the 2 cable route...

Back