Comparing guitar prices in Singapore against overseas

When I was in USA, I did some price comparison.

Basically Gibson guitars are cheaper in USA but Ibanez are more expensive over there.
ESP is also cheaper there and I didn’t check Fender prince.

Coming to effects, not sure it is related to the topic, even a normal musical shop has plenty of pedals and multi effects lying on the floor.
Prices are very cheap compare to Singapore.

If you buy them in USA, you have to pay US taxes. But if you order online, you don’t need to pay US taxes and only need to pay Singapore custom tax.
Does any body know how Singapore tax works for instruments?

yeah uk prices look like singapore prices until you multiply by 3..

DSC00107.jpg

Strats are definitely cheaper over at US for MIM strats and stuff .... Also got more choices thats why i prefer .... Here like wanna wait for them to ship one oso so hard still must pray that it's a color you will like ....

whatever is made in USA

Those guitars that are made in USA are cheaper in USA i.e Gibson, Ovation, Martine, Fender.

As for Ibanez, its made in Japan therefore its slightly more expensive than Singapore.

xklusivly4u said:
When I was in USA, I did some price comparison.

Basically Gibson guitars are cheaper in USA but Ibanez are more expensive over there.
ESP is also cheaper there and I didn’t check Fender prince.

Coming to effects, not sure it is related to the topic, even a normal musical shop has plenty of pedals and multi effects lying on the floor.
Prices are very cheap compare to Singapore.

If you buy them in USA, you have to pay US taxes. But if you order online, you don’t need to pay US taxes and only need to pay Singapore custom tax.
Does any body know how Singapore tax works for instruments?

Its just 5% GST, to the best of my knowledge

Re: .

rottenramone said:
yeah uk prices look like singapore prices until you multiply by 3..

DSC00107.jpg

Hi rottenramone
yeah, u'r right. i've been to UK too, from london, to even those very small towns. their prices are terror. In UK, seems like you can be very sure that all of the things that are imported from USA, are actually so much more expensive than Singapore. This applies throughout Europe, I find... Some say Singapore has cheaper import stuff partly due to our free trade, so many things go free of taxes.

anyway, as for multiplying by 3, u've forgotten to subtract the tax 8)

Back