Choosing pups!!!NEED HELP

Rockstars-Inc

Alright people i need help.Im currently using Aria Pro-std.The les paul copy.I wanna change my pups.Im wanna keep tis guitar actually.Im thinkin of the alnico pro 2(wanna achieve the slash tone),But i went to davis,i saw the alnico pro 2s...they look like singel coils.my guitar's set up is H-H.so do i need 2 or is there a humbucker ver.?im quite confused.Another qn..shld i use the same pups for neck n bridge?whats the diff between installing pups at the neck n bridge? Btw i was thinking of getting the alnico pro 2..and the other one..not yet decided. PLS GIVE COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS.Enlightened me!!! :D

actually, there ARE alnicoII humbuckers, seymour duncan just have them in single coil and humbucker, maybe try asking the shopkeeper or something?

the diff between the neck and bridge pickup is something like... the bridge is sharper and a little more "ear splitting" so to speak, the neck is more mellow.

i *think* slash uses double alnicoII humbuckers, maybe do a google search on him? ^^ hope i was of some help

for me i would like to get the best of both worlds on my les paul. Sd super alnico pro II on neck, and zakk wylde's emg pickups on the bridge

spikes said:
he uses a fisherman power bridge II at the other pickup...

no, actually Slash has 3 pickups in his Les Paul

Neck - Alnico Pro II neck model
Bridge - Alnico Pro II bridge model
and the Fishman Powerbridge attached to the tone-o-matic

:D

hey thanks guys...keep the comments goin...actutally i went to the SD webby.i listened to the samples.i like the sound of alnico pro2 in neck and duncan distortion in bridge...what ya guys think of this set up??btw any idea how much it will cost?? BTW fisherman pickups?is there a webby?i wanna listen to the sample..

mero said:
spikes said:
he uses a fisherman power bridge II at the other pickup...

no, actually Slash has 3 pickups in his Les Paul

Neck - Alnico Pro II neck model
Bridge - Alnico Pro II bridge model
and the Fishman Powerbridge attached to the tone-o-matic

:D

thanks man, care to tell me whats tonomotic?

tune-o-matic is the name given to the bridge of a les paul or SG styled guitar, and slash's signature gibson has a piezo pickup in the bridge, which simulates the sound of an acoustic

usually people just buy a replacement bridge fitted with piezo pickups under the bridge saddles

essentially, u gotta like the sound. if u love it, screw what everyone else says, its ur guitar, u are playing it, u must enjoy urself :D anyhow, SD pickups cost aroun 120 each i think, so ur alnico and sd distortion will prolly cost around 240?

oh okay.cause i was thinking which ever alternative is cheaper.i would op for that then.Hey is the price for alnico pro 2 humbuckers same as single coils??

Latest posts

Back