Cheapest tube amp?

What kind of tube amp you looking for?

Those with all tube (pre-amp, power amp) design? Or those with 1 tube in preamp section? (Eg. Behringer AC108)

All tube?

That wouldn't be cheap...

Here's a 1/2 watt tube amp. http://zvexamps.com/ Sounds good and best of all its available in Singapore for $750.

Maybe try a 2nd hand Laney LC15R tube amp.. got 1 recently on Luther for 380 or something... Or the Crate VC5 (Not sure if I got it right), its a 5 watt tube amp...

Cheerio!
Daniel

ShredCow said:
Here's a 1/2 watt tube amp. http://zvexamps.com
Have you actually tried out the Zvex?

I was thinking of getting one for fun, but the tube changing looks kinda tricky and I read from Mikemann that they use wome weird tubes that are very hard to find...

Oh - always remember that you get what you pay for.

Just because something is tube doesn't mean it will be any good and you may end up buying the lowest end entry level tube amp that ends up sounding terrible.

the tube in the nano amphead was originally meant for US miltary purpose. Zack vex bought in large quantity of it for the production of the amphead. The replacement can be gotten from him and he has the instruction for the changing procedure.

The life span on that specific tube is much more longer than the average tube that most amp uses. Since it meant for usage for US miltary equipment many many years back

Hmmmm.... which means you got a product which is usable as long as the tube can last and the company is still around. If it's non production part, then you'll never know when you cannot find the part anymore.

Everyone keeps asking..whats the cheapest tube amp..best and cheapest practice amp etc..think this should be a sticky thread ! :wink:

vaisms said:
Everyone keeps asking..whats the cheapest tube amp..best and cheapest practice amp etc..think this should be a sticky thread ! :wink:

it's ok la.
No need to be sticky.
Amp models change over the time and it's fun to have such discussion :lol:

Back