Can you recommend me a good technician/shop in Singapore other than SweeLee

Hi guys,

I am new here. Like many of you here, I am also sick and tired of the bad customer service and extremely ridiculous pricing in SweeLee stores. So I desperately need an alternative.

So please recommend me some other place to buy good branded guitars like ibanez or fender.. Also some place that sells boss gears..

Also my old guitar, a custom made one suffered an accident recently and I need to repair it.. I have also decided to heavily mod it by replacing the pickups and may be giving it a new paint job. So i need a good technician.. No way in hell am I going back to the Sweelee's service centre and talking to that old man there. 'His almighty' seems to have only one syllable answers to any question.. So please recommend me someone thats good and cheap and knows what he/she is doing..

Sorry I am so in rage when I talk about Sweelee.. but I am sure some of you guys understand how i feel..

Thanks guys..

i'd recommend Beez. He's located at Roxy Square II, opposite Parkway Parade. His service and worksmanship is top notch.

Well Beez is good but there's some limitation he can't do major mods or repair jobs for you. You can try Kelvin from guitar connections, he knows his stuff but oh well just try to make him like you if not you'll still prefer swee lee.

he can't do major mods or repair jobs for you.

May I know what you mean by major mods or repair jobs? Do you mean that he is someone who mainly sells guitars than repair them?

How about bgwguitars? The owner sounded very helpful over the phone. Does he do repairs?

May I know what you mean by major mods or repair jobs? Do you mean that he is someone who mainly sells guitars than repair them?

How about bgwguitars? The owner sounded very helpful over the phone. Does he do repairs?

Beez does installations and set ups, no routings, refrets or whatsover.

Brendon does not do repairs. he sells guitars on his webshop, and his service is top notch

I think the recommendations here don't include paintjobs.

You can try Gr3y. http://gr3ycs.blogspot.com/
Never tried dealing with him before. But he's got good testimonials. And he does the things you need.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

For shops, you can try Music Theme. They sell Fenders and Ibanezs. Not sure about pricing though. Located at Excelsior.

I think the recommendations here don't include paintjobs.

You can try Gr3y. http://gr3ycs.blogspot.com/
Never tried dealing with him before. But he's got good testimonials. And he does the things you need.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

For shops, you can try Music Theme. They sell Fenders and Ibanezs. Not sure about pricing though. Located at Excelsior.

oh yes kelvin from guitar connections does paint job too

Actually, paint job is not a high priority thing for me right now.. I mainly need some one to help me change my pickups and do some routing..Since I am an idiot when it comes to these technical stuff, i need someone who is friendly and nice, who has some patience to discuss what I need...

The only 3 I know of. In order of SKILL.

1 - Malcolm Tan. He's in this forum. empty71. The 1 & only REAL Luthier (as far as I know) in Singapore. http://www.mtlutherie.com/

2 - Haniff. Ex-Ranking sports n music Malay Guitar Tech. - 90402390 (hope no change). A real good player himself.

3 - David. Botak uncle with glasses. Novelty Music. Parklane Mall basement. - 63368996. Quite good with broken guitar necks.

Hope it helps.

The only 3 I know of. In order of SKILL.

1 - Malcolm Tan. He's in this forum. empty71. The 1 & only REAL Luthier (as far as I know) in Singapore. http://www.mtlutherie.com/

2 - Haniff. Ex-Ranking sports n music Malay Guitar Tech. - 90402390 (hope no change). A real good player himself.

3 - David. Botak uncle with glasses. Novelty Music. Parklane Mall basement. - 63368996. Quite good with broken guitar necks.

Hope it helps.

Any of them approachable? :)

Not sure, but if there's a luthier in Singapore, damn he must be good... I always thought Singapore had no professional luthiers. Mostly great guys like Beez and Mike.

^ Just curious. Do you need to have so many choices? ;) As someone mentioned, the popular choices are Mike (Standard Value) and Beez (Look for Beez). Both of them are very approachable.

Last edited:
for more serious repairs you might have to find malcom as he is after all a real luthier who has handcrafted guitars personally. Otherwise, most techs will be fine

I supposed you can go to Grey, the recommendation I gave you. Inside the blog there's his previous works.

My opinion about guitar techs with shops and don't.
With shops - You can freely sit with them at their shop and discuss in details of what needs to be done, and even watch them do the work (like Beez) but luckily Beez focuses more on repairs. For those in sales, they have other work to do, so you may not get the attention from dedicated techs.

No shops - Hard to find place to sit and show in detail of what you want. But you get the full attention.

My opinion only.

Latest posts

Back