Boutique guitar shops

dorngo

So guys, anyone of you know of boutique shops that is worth visiting? Something like soundpure in the us ? Well do u consider sweelee a boutique? Lol. Or ebenex? But I frequent one shop call guitareast, they carry guitars lime Tyler, rittenhouse, Emerson, Nash, teye, mcPherson. And for amps they carry soldano, divided by 13. And pedals they carry aya and neunaber tech,okko, and cables they cArry divine noise. This place is worth checking out... U get the top gears here man... Really nice and cosy place too... An best thing, it's by appointment, so u will be the only one testing the guitars! And to be honest, the prices are cheaper than sweelee! For eg, a Nash ( relic guitar) sound much better than those that fender custom shop makes. And the price? Much lower. And Tyler, gosh, holy grail of strat in my opinion. Still cheaper than a cs. Visit their website at www.guitareast.com.sg
And make an appointment and go down to try their guitars.
I just feel that their shop is one of the most worthy places to Check out for top gears. And they are not known by many in Singapore. Maybe they want it this way? Haha. Do u guys know of any other boutique shops in Singapore that is worth checking out? This is my thoughts on guitareast. Come on people let me hear ye reviews!

Swee Lee is definitely NOT a boutique guitar shop. Ebenex is somewhat a boutique guitar shop. Check out BGW guitars, but you have to make an appointment with him! I think those two are about it.

Have an appointment with Guitareast next month, can't wait to try the stuff out! How's Fabian's reaction if you try everything? LOL

Haha he is my ministry leader. Lol. They encourage u to try all! Lol. Trust me u will defitely walk away with a gear or two... Hmm enjoy ur time at guitareast! Rmb to post ur reviews! Lol! But they are nice ppl dun worry! Haha after all before u buy u need to try right? Lol

Promote whT? I'm not even related to the shop. I'm just a student lol. It's not about promoting, it's about stating the facts, their guitars are top notch, y dun u pay them a visit? Haha. I've nth to gain from this dude, not as if they gonna give me a guitar. Be kind with ur words man.
Well their prices are lower than what u would pay for a custom shop lol! And umm I would recommend the divine noise cables! Highly! It cheaper than some planet wave an monster cables. And it sounds real good. Vintage coil. Just bought 2 cables and it improves my tone. The last time I wa there the tyler's are generally ard 6-8, while Nash are 3-4 and teye are 5-32. I'm not sure if they revised the price, but it's roughly there.

HAHAHA OH WOW. 22 GREENBACKS FOR A 15CM PATCH CABLE?!?!?! And putting and comparing Planet Waves and Monster Cables in terms of prices is just WTF, dude.

I just got a quote from them. Cheaper? I think you might wanna change that.
I'm sure Divine Noise is complete quality/class, 99% silver and all, but it definitely isn't economical.
Cheaper than custom shops? I think you'd be very surprised. Please, do some research before saying. It's kinda misleading...

what are u comparing? the tylers? ok lets leave out the tylers. the nash is lower than a custom shop. is that wrong? correct me. well, waht ive stated here is my opinion. i feel that, for around the same price, DN cables really stand out. im referring to those high ends cables. ive checked out several cables before deciding on this.

What they're trying to say is that you can't compare DN cables to Planet Waves cables, totally diff price range!

ok my bad. but ive considered this 4, DN , PW, MC, Lava. and ive tried a PW that cost about 90? tried the lava coil which is about 90+ and a MC that cost 100 odd, and DN is somewhere 100 + too. but Dn sounds better. thats what im trying to say. not trying to mislead u guys. sry if u guys feel that way.

That's cool bro:) BTW did you try out the amps there? I wanna see how the SLO100 or the Hot Rod Avenger compares to my JCA50

well, im saving up for a lucky 13 soldano. the price they offered me is hard to reject! haha. SLO, imm poor la... cant afford... but the price is somewhere ard 6. i dun really like the hot rod avenger.the clean isnt as nice as L13, and the crunch is abit weak compared to L13. as what they say, the hot rod avenger dun sound as good as the lucky 13 or SLO. so they may not bring HRA in anymore... but if u go compare the prices on soldano web, and u change it to $. plus all the taxes and all... they actually dun earn that much. ive did my math. well at lest, their profit margin is smaller as compared to swee lee. i dun want to start another debate. so let me make a disclaimer, ITS MY OWN OPINION! JCA 50... ah cool... how much did u get it for?

u cant compare the slo too la... its a different class on its own... clapton uses it in the 80s. slo set the standard for high gain tube amps. not a fair comparison...

Tsk, cheaper than custom shops? No doubt Nash is fantastic, but comparing it to other custom shops?
My personal favourite custom shop: Logan Custom Shop
Swamp Ash with Quilted Maple veneer, Birdseye neck, choice of pickups/colour and gold hardware for less than US$900. Please don't make unverified statements.

Actually the Hot Rod Avenger is the OD section of the SLO, so technically they sound the same. I've had the JCA2112RC, which is based on Atomic 16, pretty great amp, the first time I used it at a gig, had a lot of people commenting on the great tone I got from that :D So was very pleased with it. But I sold it and got the JCA50 instead, a bit more practical, 2 channels, fx loop, exactly what I needed in an amp. Got it at a great price of $495@Davis, got it on sale. Bought the JCA 4x12 to go with it:) never looked back. Now all it needs is a tube change, gonna get JJ's because they're darker sounding and will balance out the amp.

PS: I think almost any shop's profit margin is smaller than Swee Lee's, that goes without saying. haha.

u cant compare the slo too la... its a different class on its own... clapton uses it in the 80s. slo set the standard for high gain tube amps. not a fair comparison...

Can't compare the SLO to what? Mike Soldano designed the JCA50/100H based on the SLO100 man. But I'm pretty sure if I went crazy and tried to mod it to the exact same parts as the SLO100 (which includes the DeYoung tranny, wondering how I'm ever gonna get that) it'll sound almost identical to the SLO, all at the fraction of a price

Back