Best Drum Sound in Singapore?

i totally disagree with wat you say about waiting long long n stuff...i realised ive read a few forum topics n saw your discouraging n dissing post.my you are damn ugly aquanaut...........

Hahaha welcome to SOFT, and welcome to aquanaut. He has a good point, though, in the sense that many metal drummers out there WILL wreck a drum kit at some point because they don't know how to treat equipment properly. If the owner doesn't know you, he will not give you his best equipment. That's reality. Why do you think jamming studios usually give metal bands the lousy room?

i actually recommend using samples for music like thrash metal. it's all about the consistency in tone and volume. i haven't heard you play before so i won't judge, but i think sampled drums would be a good option.

you may not have had access to good sample libraries so perhaps you may think all samples sound fake. but in the world of production, most samples (no matter what instruments) are layered with other samples and if possible real recordings too. if you want a realistic sound, you have to depend on your mixing engineer to get you the sound you want. because even recording a real snare alone, more often than not, will not give you the depth and tone you want to achieve. bear in mind that samples are recorded too, with better mics (i'm talking about good libraries like OceanWay, BFD, etc). so unless you can find a good studio which you probably have to pay a lot for, miking your snare with an SM57 and using that recording alone will not give you the sound you're looking for.

hope you consider what i'm saying here.

yup, totally agree with the part on miking your snare with Sm57 on any snare doesn't give you what you needed. :)
that's why we invested alot of microphones, drum kits to get what you needed. my theory is always "shit in, shit out" don't wait till mix down. get the best raw sounds as possible in recording. mic placement/different amps/different drum kits/different ways of playing....
Recording is not just press a button, it all depends on the artiste playing and a decent engineering jobs.
All musical instruments has a life... how you play it create a life in it. for us purist, we always believe to get the best possible performance you had rather then doing it all in the mixdown/editing.
Everyone can play eric clapton songs but no one can play like him. :) you give life to your music.
with this believe, we want the music to sound as human as possible and this is how i enjoy it. :)

i actually recommend using samples for music like thrash metal. it's all about the consistency in tone and volume. i haven't heard you play before so i won't judge, but i think sampled drums would be a good option.

you may not have had access to good sample libraries so perhaps you may think all samples sound fake. but in the world of production, most samples (no matter what instruments) are layered with other samples and if possible real recordings too. if you want a realistic sound, you have to depend on your mixing engineer to get you the sound you want. because even recording a real snare alone, more often than not, will not give you the depth and tone you want to achieve. bear in mind that samples are recorded too, with better mics (i'm talking about good libraries like OceanWay, BFD, etc). so unless you can find a good studio which you probably have to pay a lot for, miking your snare with an SM57 and using that recording alone will not give you the sound you're looking for.

hope you consider what i'm saying here.

Back