Bassist, melodic instrumentalist, and/or ??? sought for band

Andy&

I'm Andy. As a hobby, I compose music and play a kind of guitar, and I have been working on some original music with my friend Jeanette, who plays drums. We are hoping to find some new friends to help us bring these compositions to life. So far we've been on the lookout for a bassist and/or some sort of melodic instrumentalist (maybe synth, string, woodwind, etc.), but if you're excited and have got something else to add (vocals?), do let us know.

Aesthetically, we'd rather make an awkward, unique, memorable, brief -- and even possibly sometimes "ugly" -- statement rather than go on for hours duplicating something that sounds polished, familiar, and indistinguishable from things we've heard before. That said, we love pop. When we play something that sounds too familiar, rather than assuming we are on the right track, we generally get suspicious and play something else immediately.

As a technical matter, so far we tend to work in odd/irregular rhythms. I usually come in with already-composed/recorded parts that we start from, but there should be flexibility for you to add your own spin too (probably moreso than in a cover band!). We plan on writing lyrics mostly in other languages than English.

We are both busy people, so progress is sometimes irregular and usually gradual, but we are hoping to make increasingly steady progress towards performing with a more complete line-up to build upon. If you're interested in talking about music and maybe playing with us sometime, let me know!

-Andy

Hi,

I am also a sort of irregular composition musician that is interested in very odd sounds for studying in sound and musical exploration. I am a multi-instrumentalist who main piano and keyboards, with experience in sound mixing and mastering as well.

Feel free to PM me for more info!

Back