Bass Strings Reviews

When you try the strings from web strings tell me whether it's good .. for bass .. i realised that no point importing strings ..cos singapore can find cheaper .. quite jialat lah .. unless you're looking for strings that are rare then it's a different story ..

Re: hmmm

Mistreated said:
why u guys bother to boil it ah???

yeah man .. i agree with rottonramone that we are all cheapos!!! ... but it's an economical way to lengthen your string life especially when bass strings are pretty expensive themselves .. string boiling removes the dirt and grim that comes from playing and all your skin stuck in between the grooves of the string itself that causes the strings to take more energy to vibrate ... thus sometimes you find that your string goes dull after a while ...

dude said:
oh, so actually you boil it so that you get a "brighter" and clearer sound?

sort of .. you boil your strings to remove the dirt and grim that got stuck in between the grooves of the string itself. TRy lah .. after boiling you'll find that you got an almost new set of strings .. =)

amnesiac said:
too lazy to boil my strings. i just prefer to buy new ones.. too rich i guess, wahaha..

WAH! .. those cheapo users like me and 3notesAbar just got dissed .. next time buy strings for us lah .. can we have a choice of what strings to buy? ..

ermm.. actually, i am not that rich laa, but i can donate my old strings to you once i am done with them and you can boil them all you like, LoL..

amnesiac said:
ermm.. actually, i am not that rich laa, but i can donate my old strings to you once i am done with them and you can boil them all you like, LoL..

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

Tried boiling my strings before when I was a poor student. Too much hassle and mom didn't take too nicely with giant steel bass strings sitting in her pots, haha...

Been using Rotosound Swing Bass 66 (45, 65, 80, 105) and they seem to last the longest time for me. Nice overall tones from subdued to growling spits depending on ur playing? Red silk windings also make me feel good hahahahaha... But at $28 a pack, I eventually tried out...

D'addario ProSteels (45, 65, 85, 105). What can I say? They sound/look/feel exactly like the old Prisms except that this time round, they have it in the standard gauging. Have these strung on my BB1500a about a month back and still gigging every weekend with it. Bought an extra pack for my emergency gig kit too. At $22 a pack, these strings do pack a wallop.

I do prefer steel strings to nickel as they tend to last alot longer for the same pricing. Don't like the harsh brightness of steel? Maybe rolling off the treble and sticking foam under the bridge might help? Keke...

eh... $28 a pack is fine! wait till you pay $32 for DRs every 2-3 months. heart pain :( but i do it anyway because i love the DR sound.

Latest posts

Back