bass guitar for beginners

wangdexian said:
What the heck is wrong with that Highway 1? :?

Anyway, I <3 my Squier Affinty P-bass. :lol:

somehow i found that the neck dun have that fender kind of feel, i own a fender jap,the neck got that smooth and comfy feeling but when i try out the highway bass,its like a bass thats from diff brand,i tried to compare it with the squier and i think squier have that fender feel,lotsa better compared to highway bass[red in colour]
if other people think the other way round,i think its a matter of preference...cheers

absolutely nothing wrong with both the Highway1 guitars & basses, if you don't like it, chances are, you like something else already...

if the H1 neck feels different to you, then it's because the non-american fenders sport a different maple type & undergo a different finishing process.

if you are looking for the Samick GB designed basse @ Davis, it's just next to the door, together with the OLP basses. underneath these basses are some entry-level accoustic guitars.

The American series do feature such necks according to the Fender website...
American Series P Bass guitars feature a solid alder or ash body (depending on color) with a graphite-reinforced, modern “C”-shaped maple neck and a satin polyurethane finish (available with maple or rosewood fingerboard).

Anyway, I think it's just the different fret sizes used for the necks... eg. Vintage, Jumbo, Medium etc...

wangdexian said:
The American series do feature such necks according to the Fender website...

if that's the case, then it's really something new. the thing with Fender (a good thing actually) is, they have constant revisions for their products even within a short period of time, in this case one year. i like them because they keep upgrading stuff, especially artist associated features, into regular production models. however, i still don't like their prices... :roll:

yup, this thread aims to help the lad get a good starter bass, but along the way some things can be added in but let's not deviate too much....

subversion said:
absolutely nothing wrong with both the Highway1 guitars & basses, if you don't like it, chances are, you like something else already....

nah dude,let's say i like fender jap,doesnt mean that i cant like fender highway =)
i also not sure whether the highway that i tried is in perfect condition,coz the neck lining starting to fade...
just stating what's in my mind,the highway that i tried really has a bad neck,but i'm quite comfortable with the body :roll: maybe its just my luck,tried one of the 'not nice' highway [no offense for highway lovers]

that might be it- the audition model has some quirks to it... it's not that fender's up there in terms of consistencies, but they are better at that these days. 8)

Back