bass guitar for beginners

kreed

Hey..i'm looking for a good and cheap bass guitar for beginners. if there's any good and cheap bass amps pls tell me as well..or packages are just as good.. thx

get a 2nd hand basS?? some are realli good bass.. maybe u can try search using yahoo auction? or go penin there.. see the samick guitar? if i not wrong DAVIS have the package Guitar + amp.. check there lah..

go to city music & ask.... their beginner guitar package there are good i heard..... something like "Jcraft" i think

wow... kreed.. you post way before me.. i was about to do it when i saw your thread.. try to get some advices around here..

yea..thx..btw could ya juz tell me sorta what brands shld i start out with? both amps and bass pls..thx

it depend on ur budget actualli.. u can get a cheap AMP.. (come with the whole package) it good for practice.. the guitar u can get samick? or santa'fe kind.. jus forr practice.. OR u if u more budget u could get a better guitar.. so u no need upgrade.. if u think just for practice.. then a cheap ones is okay..

BUT check the guitar 1st before u buy.. see ur budget.. and etc.. :)

Well, it will be good if u can get something decent and easy to mod

Good stuff will be:

Basses that are like Fender Jazz or P

Get one that feels good to you. Especially the neck and overall feel.
This way, if u are unhappy with the tuners, pickup, bridge etc. you can change them easily.

Also if u are buying a low-end instrument, it will do u well to change the electronics to better ones.

Just spend some $$ and buy some new pots, input jacks, capacitors etc. and get a good tech to rewire and do a setup for u. This will really improve the sound of the instrument.

Cheers

hmm ...
no offence here k bro ?

IMO for beginners, shouldnt waste so much money on ur first guitar. get a second hand guitar or some really cheap and decent bass.

dont even bother bout the electronics , use it till you are familiar with it , master basic fingerstyle and scaling . then u move on to a higher end / mid-range model

reason being : no sense getting a $200 dollar bass and splashing out $300 worth of upgrades and mods right ?

time & again, i'd be promoting this samick FN-4 bass & there'd be people putting it down because the people before them, had bad encounters with this brand name. that was yesterday...

...before Greg Bennett took over some designs. i'm indifferent to the models before the Greg Bennett revision, largely because i've not tried them. but this one is a promising starter unit. it sounds very acceptable & Fender-like since it sports an alder body, like what Fender would have in there. it balances well sitting down & strapped on. more importantly, it's not even $270 fresh off the rack. you'd do well to check it out 8)

samick_fn4.jpg

agree with stars here. why dont you get a cheap 2nd hand bass and work on your playing before moving on to a better instrument?

i've quite a number of 'ah sia kias' with top end gear but play like crap.

Prataz said:
Well, it will be good if u can get something decent and easy to mod

Good stuff will be:

Basses that are like Fender Jazz or P

Good is good.. expensive of cos good lah :lol:

anyway i think this is not really good for beginners.. play with sucky guitar firstlah.. den trainu.. wait u play all good good guitar cannot play lousy guitar rite?

ok im crapping. :roll:

haha.. Was not refering to the real fender fender.

Just the cheapo knock offs =)

I started on a Yamaha RBX270 and i'm still using it coz it offers me familarity and comfort.

Which is why my advice is to get something comfortable for you to learn on.

No point getting a bass that's a pain to play with right?

Samick, SX, Vantage, Craftman, TGM etc. offers cheap beginners bass.

As long as their neck feel is okz, the parts are decent, it will be good enough liaoz =)

Who cares about the brand? It's the music that counts =)

prolly yamaha is a good brand to start with,i started out with yamaha and now im using fender =) but imo,dun go for 2nd hand,coz u dunno what the previous owner did with that bass...u should get familiar with a totally new bass,so in the future when u wanna buy 2nd hand,u'll noe whether the bass is fine or the seller trying to play bastard

Cloudsky said:
Maybe you can try the Squier p-bass at swee lee aljunied? Retails for around 300+ bucks I think.

yeah,its a good bass also...but whatever it is,dun buy highway p bass...the feel damn sux,i dunno what happen to its neck,even squier p bass is better than that highway model imo

Cloudsky said:
Maybe you can try the Squier p-bass at swee lee aljunied? Retails for around 300+ bucks I think.

right on bro :D

345 list SGD

to calculate actual price : 80/100 X 345 + 5% of 345

Back