Band: The Who

i have alot of video of their concert from the woodstock days to the final one at albert hall before john entwistle died. For me my fav 3 songs is fooled again, behind blue eyes and see me feel me!!!!! you guys should take a look at john's bass the buzzard sexy man!!!

Oh ya John Entwistle's basses are custom-made by Alembic. They were working on a new line based on John's Spyder bass shortly before his untimely death :cry:

the who's drummer keith moon was fantastic during live performances when he would go on a crazy drum solo before tearing the whole set apart

Townshend pissed off Rickenbacker after he smashed his first guitar. He said Ricks were shite and are not able to take a beating... Keith Moon was Jimmy Page's 1st choice as a drummer but he couldn't commit as he was still in The Who (though they were on the verge of breaking up... as usual).

You can sample some tunes just by watching CSI. Jerry Bruckheimer is a fan, I suppose. All 3 series use The Who songs. CSI "Who Are You?", CSI: Miami "Won't Get Fooled Again" and CSI: NY "Baba O'Riley"

My favourite albums:

"Who's Next?" - which "Won't Get Fooled Again" and "Baba O'Riley" are taken from. Kick-ass, glorious failure of a concept. Townshend had a nervous breakdown writing this album and didn't finish it. He just released the album as it was.

"Tommy" - What The Who claimed to be the world's 1st rock opera. Excellent stuff...

Townshend's lyrics always had more bite than The Beatles. The ones from that era which came close to them in lyrical depth and content would be The Stones...

But tt's another story...

Back