Band is hitting the roof. (advice needed)

I find your question quite interesting and am wondering where the "emptiness" of the song comes from. I'm guessing the "emptiness" may be due to the combination of the sounds coming from all the instruments, which make up your song. My assumption is the sounds that you're trying to coax outta your instruments is the closest sound you hear on the studio album. However, in a live situation, it is not an exact replica of the sound, and without twenty instruments to make up for the twenty tracks in a studio album and you're playing the song with jus 5 ok replica from the studio sound, it makes the song sound empty. If you notice, most rock bands has a "live sound", and they dun play a live song with a "studio sound", reasons being what I've stated above, (unless you're a pop star in Hollywood, using twenty musicians for a live song), they have a "live" sound to make the whole band sound full. Well that was jus my guess, hope it helps you.

i think you guys just have to relax. try vibing along to other stuff. forcing yourself into something is hard before you have chemistry.

@Rollercoaster. ahh.. ic. i never really thought about it that way. thats a new perspective. you may be, to a significant extend, correct. i guess its a combination of tings. maybe i'm tryin too hard too. i'll ponder on wat you guys have said and try to cool it and new stuff for a few weeks and see how it goes. thx for all the advice.

Could it be the tone? 8)

Everyone could be in the right tempo, rythm, feel but perhaps what is lacking is tone in individual?

I mean perhaps you won't notice it, or hear it properly rather but when the 'sound level' isn't sorted out very very well, you may feel that 'something is missing', something like your case.

Some of the people have really sensitive ears, something that doesn't sound full or sound "right" turns them off. Try a new sound, for all instruments, tweak a little. Playing on top one another is good, but searching for the tone for the band and not just by individual is something essential as well.

Just my 2 cents.

Back