Audere Preamps!

Santa

Just had my 1hr nervous breakdown/self-installation of my audere preamp on my j-bass! Very easy to do, only thing that irks me is that it is super hard to squeeze all the wires into the small cavity.

Initial impressions:

I don't forsee myself using the z-switch a lot, but i've only had 15 mins to play around with it. More of a set-and-forget kind of person.

Sound quality is very good, very little noise so far. Range of EQ is quite large (arnd 10+ db if i'm not wrong), very usable tones inside.

A lot of versatility - now i can set my amp flat, or boosted and control on-board to taste. Perhaps will experiment with changing the caps for the z-mode fine tuning.

Nice box, manual, and the plate v sturdy. Love the indented knobs. Can't wait to use this in action in a band context.

That being said, i have ordered an extra by mistake from cherns, so if anyone is purchasing one soon, and wants it immediately w/o the shipping delay u can contact me, i'll inform him and you can grab it from him instead of me. Its new, i have not opened/touched it yet.

Any settings recommendations?

Welcome to the Audere family!

I have a Classic 4 sitting comfy in my bass now and the preamp is amazing. TOTALLY AMAZING. No joke. Adds depth, warmth and just makes that elusive bass tone easier to find.

I'm working with a 18V version and i go with a slight boost on all the frequencies (low, low mid, high mid, highs) except on the highs. Gives alot of lower end and depth. =)

damn, that made me want the pre amp so badly,
been saving up for a year already
but spent my savings getting a guiat /=
cause i've a gig at my skol's prom and my rhythm guitarist needs a guitar, haha.

haha my fav setting is the low-z i think (the one with more gain), and i add treble, cut mid, add bass, cause my pickups are more high and low mid based.

the sound is ... ... crazy... haha nvr going back to passive. i think i might just keep the extra for future use man.

Latest posts

Back